The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.londonpower.com/kits/psbox.htm

Not sure if we've discussed this here but Kevin seems to have simplified this whole process. I'd really like to try it on the Traynor that Bill modded for me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the link. When you do try it out, I'll look forward to your comments.:food-smiley-004: What Traynor/mod do you have?

·
Premium Member
17,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GP_Hawk said:
Thanks for the link. When you do try it out, I'll look forward to your comments.:food-smiley-004: What Traynor/mod do you have?
1967 Traynor YSR-1 to Plexi with reverb left intact and presence in place of the trem circuit. Beautifully done by Wild Bill. Cosmetics by me.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Make sure that you also put a "Limit" control on there along with the scale. The limit control allows you to control the amount of signal passed from the pre-amp to the power amp, and can be simply a Pre or Post PI master volume.

Generally, you want to reduce the drive signal (via the limit control) as you turn the scale down in order to maintain the response of the amp at lower wattage settings.

And make sure you put the controls on the back....you wouldn't want to mess up that nice faceplate :D

davetcan said:
1967 Traynor YSR-1 to Plexi with reverb left intact and presence in place of the trem circuit. Beautifully done by Wild Bill. Cosmetics by me.

·
Premium Member
17,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice Scott, I will run all of this by Wild Bill if I decide to go this route. Looks pretty appealing though.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
davetcan said:
Thanks for the advice Scott, I will run all of this by Wild Bill if I decide to go this route. Looks pretty appealing though.
If your Traynor has a "plexi" circuit, I think you'll really find Power Scaling useful. Good luck if you decide to go ahead with it.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
davetcan said:

Dave, that look's killer! Is that originally the Traynor that was given to you?

·
Premium Member
17,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mario said:
Dave, that look's killer! Is that originally the Traynor that was given to you?
Man you've got a good memory, yes that's it. :food-smiley-004:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts