The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my Godlyke Power All today. Works great with all my pedals except for those in the effects loop, alot of noise on those (chorus and delay). If I use wall-warts with them they are OK. All the "up front " pedals are dead quiet with it. Good product with lots of adapters included, for a very nice price. (C$ 55)

·
Registered
50 Posts
A lot of pedal manufacturers only recommend the voodoo labs pedal power II.

Why is that? I just got a Fulldrive today, and they're saying to only use that one.

Is it safe to use a cheaper alternative?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I've always used either power supplies I've built myself, or laptop computer power supplies that I open up and lower the output of (most have a pot in them for this). The laptop power supplies are switching supplies and dead quite and most are between 1.5 and 2 amps so there is always lots of power no matter how many pedals you are running off it.

I've gotten no names ones from surplus stores and cheap used ones from computer stores. They work great. They are slim and can be fit pretty much anywhere.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Thanks Paul, they have been working great for us. I've set up 6 or 7 other guys with these as well and they love them. The only thing I've had trouble finding is right angled power plugs to go into the pedals themselves.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Ripper, that's a great idea with the laptop power supplies.
any chance you could tell me how to mod a laptop power supply to use with guitar pedals? i got a couple of ibm and hp ones that i can probably tinker with. i noticed though that they are center positive...

as for those right angle plugs, i think the 1 spot cables are right angled... you can buy just the "extension", which is a diasy chain of 5 right angled plugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts