The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the idea of a Canadian guitar chat but just can't seem to understand all the heavy regs, can post here and not there, so seldom come here and that's too bad. I belong to a whole whack of other guitar chat lines and don't have any of these post count problems.
What do I have to do, post a whole pile of postings here so I can get my count up then be abled to post in other sections of this forum ? Thanks for any info.

I

·
0 Posts
My only gripe is the weekly bump rule for the for sale threads. We'd get more traffic if it was a daily bump. Works for TGP and Craigslist...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I give up

Just tried to post something in gear reviews and still it won't let me. Really sad a died in the wool Canuck like myself can belong to a pile of US guitar chats and post anywhere but now way I can here. Bye guys and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Here's a crazy idea, why not contact our Admin his call sign is GuitarsCanada. The minimum post count for the For Sale forum is 5, there must be an issue with your account.

Bitching about the forum and saying you are going to leave won't get it solved for you any faster...

·
Registered
872 Posts
I think the gear reviews need to be submitted to an admin. Is that the only place you can't post?? If not I'm not really sure what else you're talking about as far as posting. I didn't think there were any restrictions except for maybe the for sale board.

*edit* Looks like Jeff answered the for sale one before I could even post it.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Not sure what the deal is. There is only one spot on the forum that requires a minimum post and thats the for sale area. for good reason as well. I did not create this site for the sole purpose of allowing people to post gear for sale "free". It is intended to be an area for use by our "active" members.

The gear review area has a form to use for submission. We do that to ensure that what is being submitted there has a little substance. There is no opportunity to respond to those because it is not intended to be a discussion area, just a spot for people to submit a review. For reading purposes only. Every other area of the forum is open for all to post. Not many rules here in my opinion.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
My only gripe is the weekly bump rule for the for sale threads. We'd get more traffic if it was a daily bump. Works for TGP and Craigslist...
You wont find the mods or myself chasing many people if any, for bumping. Just keep it reasonable and all will be fine. Have to have some guidelines. The thing about that is, if it's wide open then it becomes a contest. You will find that most people will spend a lot of time going through the for sale area. They search it heavily so if your item is in there, they will find it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I seem to have an issue with submitting a review? Tried three times now and it automatically logs me off the forum?

I'm beginning to think this site has a "This guy doesn't know what he's talking about" filter. largetongue

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
I seem to have an issue with submitting a review? Tried three times now and it automatically logs me off the forum?

I'm beginning to think this site has a "This guy doesn't know what he's talking about" filter. largetongue
I just tried it, works fine, except the last form area has a width issue of some kind, will check that out. it does open a new window though, so maybe that is where your problem is. For a while there it was not sending the submissions. I had changed the site email and forgot to change it on the form, so I was not getting any submissions.

If anyone has problems with any area of the forum please let us know, we cant fix it if we dont know there is a problem.

·
Premium Member
16,682 Posts
Minimum post count for for posting an item for sale makes sense to me.

A weekly bumping maximum in the for sale forum is also fine. Otherwise you have people constantly trying to keep their thread on top. That's annoying as he11.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's a difference in philosophies right? Kijiji/craigslist is supposed to be for the masses (it's a pawn shop). The buy/sell here is supposed to be an active community for guitarists and musicians like yourselves, and something as simple as a post count is meant to keep crazies out.. right? Related note, I'm having some trouble accessing posting priviledges there too...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts