The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My love of Detroit steel is something I can’t shake.

The Grand National is the baddest motherfucker that I have ever seen being born in the late 80’s.

Also, Monte Carlo, Cutlass Supreme any supercharged G body etc..

Aside from late 40’s Buick’s and pretty much any Chevy built in the 50’s, I looove this era.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So beautiful it makes my teeth ache. I love the design of a lot of vehicles, but this one has a special place in my lust. Too bad it's not mine. Was that a requirement?

No ownership required!
Just favourite cars!!

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
My family arrived in Canada via Detroit. Really it was a round about tour.. Acadia > Louisiana > Michigan > Ontario.

The Grand National is the baddest motherfucker that I have ever seen being born in the late 80’s.

Aside from late 40’s Buick’s and pretty much any Chevy built in the 50’s, I looove this era.

View attachment 350881

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
My family arrived in Canada via Detroit. Really it was a round about tour.. Acadia > Louisiana > Michigan > Ontario.

View attachment 350881
When I was 20 I was setting out to buy my first stupid car. I had 5 grand to spend, and I wanted a 5.0 Mustang notchback. I looked high and low, but was having a tough time finding one that felt "right". Then scrolling through AutoTrade, I found a Buick Grand National 2 hours away. Called the guy and asked all my questions, told the guy it was a long drive, so I'd think it over and call him back. 3 hours later, with a mitt full cash and a friend to go with me, and I called the guy to drive down and pick it up. "Oh, I'm really sorry, but I sold it already. The guy left a half hour ago."

I certainly don't regret how things turned out, but missing something that bad ass because of foolish waffling still informs my decision making process today.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts