The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's an odd story but here it goes. I ran into a fella the other day and I was telling him about a conversation between me and my sister . Buddy has an old 70s Chevy c/k 10 pickup in his yard. It is not registered nore has it been road driven for a while. So as I was saying I was telling him " my sister said I should buy that old truck when can store it at mother's " his response was "what would you offer" my response was " I can't drive " then re resonded " no really what would you offer " so I'm thinking of talking to him about the old truck. If I can get it for relatively cheap then me and my sister will fix it up and in the process I'll get my license. So I do get it I won't be able to pickup more gear but that's all right. The truck would of came in red but is more of a redish oringe now . I believe it's needs the leaf springs replaced. The truck has a old fiberglass cap with it. It's kind of like these two

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

L

·
0 Posts
Have a mechanic look it over before thinking about an offer.
This is not like swapping pups. lol

·
Premium Member
13,087 Posts
I would never have to worry about this. I have to struggle putting the truss rod cover back on. Forget about doing anything with vehicles.

Reactions: colchar

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
That truck will be a constant cost. If you can afford it and you want it,get it. I would suggest getting an insuramce quote first.

·
Premium Member
17,617 Posts
Sounds like a bad idea to me, sorry.
@adcandour is giving good advice (as [almost] always)

That truck will be a constant cost. If you can afford it and you want it,get it. I would suggest getting an insuramce quote first.
More excellent advice.

Please consider taking your time and thinking this through thoroughly.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
If you are planning on buying it to restore and drive, it is not a good economical decision. If you want a vehicle to drive, try to find an older Corolla or something like that for around $1500.00-2000.00. You might not find a great deal on the island but around Moncton/Shediac it won't be too difficult to find.

Reactions: jb welder

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
So it's an odd story but here it goes. I ran into a fella the other day and I was telling him about a conversation between me and my sister . Buddy has an old 70s Chevy c/k 10 pickup in his yard. It is not registered nore has it been road driven for a while. So as I was saying I was telling him " my sister said I should buy that old truck when can store it at mother's " his response was "what would you offer" my response was " I can't drive " then re resonded " no really what would you offer " so I'm thinking of talking to him about the old truck. If I can get it for relatively cheap then me and my sister will fix it up and in the process I'll get my license. So I do get it I won't be able to pickup more gear but that's all right. The truck would of came in red but is more of a redish oringe now . I believe it's needs the leaf springs replaced. The truck has a old fiberglass cap with it. It's kind of like these two

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
really? $17.5k for an old truck? i'm totally in the wrong business. i can buy trucks like that here for about $2500

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes all good points. No I won’t jump into this . This I guess something I want but don’t need . There is somethings that do concern me a bit mainly cost . I do like the old truck . It is something I’m always staring at when We drive by it . But I kind of worry about the price of parts and if I did get it road worthy would I be able run it cost wise?. See this is a good reason to ask about questions to get a second opinion . Some times yes as I think it was rblankeny mention once I ask for advice and don’t take it. I will not lie I am hardheaded at times. But I guess now and then we need to hear what we don’t want to hear to make a wise choice . So thanks again for looking out for me and trying to prevent from doing something stupid lol. But if was to win the 649 I’d get it in a heart beat or try to get Lain’s on 78 c10 off him . Oo that’s one sexy truck
it has a 454 4 barrel in her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Yes all good points. No I won’t jump into this . This I guess something I want but don’t need . There is somethings that do concern me a bit mainly cost . I do like the old truck . It is something I’m always staring at when We drive by it . But I kind of worry about the price of parts and if I did get it road worthy would I be able run it cost wise?. See this is a good reason to ask about questions to get a second opinion . Some times yes as I think it was rblankeny mention once I ask for advice and don’t take it. I will not lie I am hardheaded at times. But I guess now and then we need to hear what we don’t want to hear to make a wise choice . So thanks again for looking out for me and trying to prevent from doing something stupid lol. But if was to win the 649 I’d get it in a heart beat or try to get Lain’s on 78 c10 off him . Oo that’s one sexy truck
it has a 454 4 barrel in her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a lovely truck. For me, That's daily routine. I just 454 swapped an 88 short wheelbase. But I'm used to such shit

1 - 20 of 57 Posts