The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Possible to Buy StewMac Tools in Canada?

18K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  Crash Dandicoot 
Have a look at Solo Guitar Gear, here in freezing Canada. They've been stocking up on a nice selection of basic but good quality tools recently. There there's Guitars and Wood in Portugal. Same quality stuff as StewMac, often the exact same stuff, only muuuch less expensive (check rulers, files and aluminum fret radius blocks...) and shipping isn't as expensive as from StewMac to Canada.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

I deal with these guys all the time, top notch service and great tools for a very fair price. If you email them with a question they usually respond within an hour. I'm putting in another order tomorrow. No affiliation, just a repeat happy customer.
Love these guys too. Great service and very fair prices, no ripping-off on shipping.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks...I may go ahead with an order then. I've checked Solo and Lee Valley for something comparable to the 6" fret leveler and medium 3 corner dressing file but haven't been able to find anything similar. Not to mention that they also sell the FR intonation key for $10 less than Solo..just have to wait a month or so to get it :cautious:

Otherwise, I've been really happy with the Hosco stuff from Solo and the Yasuri fret end dressing file from Lee Valley
About the FR tool… it only works with original FR trems so make sure that's what you have. I adjust a fair number of FR each week and very rarely does this tool get out. I also have the Skyscraper thingy and it's just as rarely useful. I have had a StewMax account since it became available in Canada and never looked back. Just make sure to order several weeks in advance as shipping can be very slow at times. Small packets typically come in faster as they are often handled by Canada Post our side of the border. I've had some come in after a relatively fast two-week delay lately. I typically order stuff about twice a month as the smaller packages come in faster.

Pierre
Guitares Torvisse

Sorry, I can't help here, not sure if the key would work on the 1000 series. It's really designed for the original series so I wouldn't bet the house on this.

Pierre
Guitares Torvisse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.