The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking on another build . See I want three types of tele an 72 telecaster custom that I did last winter .
The 69 thinline . I should have everything I need to finish it in a couple weeks . And a esquire . Each build must better than the last. I was thinking possibly rosewood or something along that line . Double bound with a matching neck . The neck would be bound and have the es335 style block inlays . No rout for the neck pickup . Just an idea I was thinking about for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you using a pickguard? If yes, get to neck pickup routed anyway. It will be covered and will open up options down the road if you want to change it
Yes that is true . But I’m not sure if I’m using a pickguard or not . Still in thinking mode

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@silvertonebetty Having the neck pickup route done is excellent advice!
Even consider a humbucker route at the neck. It is there if anyone wants to try something different and a single coil is fine in that space...AFAIK...
@Ayr Guitars am I correct about the humbucker neck route?
Yes you are . A lot of new teles are routed to fit a humbucker

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ugh Andrew is 100% right . My guitar is routed for a humbucker so ya il figure something out for my tele

·
Registered
11,958 Posts
Ya, do a neck route to give yourself options.

I think the "advantage/charm" of an Esquire is that there's no magnetic pull from a neck pickup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts