The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you had any positive experiences you want to share with fellow members. Let's keep it positive all the way through and post only positive ones. If you have a negative one, please start another thread and post it there. Here is one I had.

I had good service from Musician's Friend.

I bought a microphone package from them a few years back and when it arrived one of the pieces was broken. All I needed was the little plastic piece. The customer service rep said they didn't supply pieces for that item and sent me a new one. He also gave me a return voucher number. He asked me my address and when I told him I lived in Canada, he told me to keep the original one as well. I did a mod and fixed it myself so I ended up with an extra stand for free.

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Everyone I ever knew that bought a mattress from Sleep Country had positive things to say about it.
Wendy's drive through is IMO the gold standard for fast food drive throughs.

I try to post positive reviews on Yelp as well.

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Prompt and friendly service. Always remember my name:
Peter and staff at Mojo Music, Oakville.
Ryan and Adrian at The Guitar Shop, Mississauga.
Brad and Tony, aka Shyboy & Tex Repairs, Toronto.
Dave of Dave's Tube Amp Repair, Georgetown.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prompt and friendly service. Always remember my name:
Peter and staff at Mojo Music, Oakville.
Ryan and Adrian at The Guitar Shop, Mississauga.
Brad and Tony, aka Shyboy & Tex Repairs, Toronto.
Dave of Dave's Tube Amp Repair, Georgetown.

Daddy
is not that hard to remember, though, is it?:)

Reactions: DaddyDog and jdto

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Folkway music in Waterloo (and previously Guelph) has always been a good experience.
Same goes for the London location of Lee Valley.
Tilley hats sent me a free replacement when all I wanted was a grommet...I gave the new hat away.
Stew-Mac has killer service in my opinion, slightly more expensive than preferred but the quick and easy service makes up for it.

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Long & McQuade on Bloor. Several of the staff and the manager of both electric and acoustic guitars greet me by name whenever I go in. Maybe I go in there too much?

Anyway, they always treat me well and work with me on trade-ins or exchanges.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I’ve had good relations with the staff at Cosmo. I’m at the Queen’s way / south Kingsway so close to L&M Bloor but trying to park a half ton in that area of Bloor might as well be on the moon it’s easier to drive to Cosmo all highway.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Wendy's drive through is IMO the gold standard for fast food drive throughs.
that's because you don't have a rally's/checker's

Long & McQuade on Bloor. Several of the staff and the manager of both electric and acoustic guitars greet me by name whenever I go in. Maybe I go in there too much?

Anyway, they always treat me well and work with me on trade-ins or exchanges.
same here, when i was up there. i liked buying there, i was treated well every single time i went in the door. i wish there was a store like that here.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
same here, when i was up there. i liked buying there, i was treated well every single time i went in the door. i wish there was a store like that here.
Isn’t there an L&M in Scarborough? Not to your liking Cheezy?

Shout out to Nextgen, John Heals at the L&M Calgary South (58 Ave) & the random person at Amazon who, after purchasing my headphones, contacted me a week later to say they had gone on sale & deposited the difference & an extra 10% back on my credit card.

In the “Could do better” category....... that’s a whole other topic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: jdto and Guitar101

·
Registered
185 Posts
Got a Well Hung guitar strap for Christmas from my wife and son. She said it was one of the best online experiences she has ever had with reallh great service, and we buy online a lot.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Wow, a world without L&M, trying to work out if it’s heaven or hell.....
it's hell. all we have here are pawn shops and guitar center. the pawnshops are only squires and epis no one really wants, for more than they're worth. guitar center has some cool stuff, but anything i would be interested in is 15' from the floor, and their amp selection blows chunks. the staff is perpetually too busy to talk to you, even if you are the only one in the store. i miss L&M, but even more than that, i miss the 12th fret

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
to tell the truth, the music scene is one of the things i miss most about toronto. musically, this place is a ghetto

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Got a Well Hung guitar strap for Christmas from my wife and son. She said it was one of the best online experiences she has ever had with reallh great service, and we buy online a lot.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
My wife had a similar great experience with Well-Hung for my birthday last August. She orders a various online stores at least once a week. It’s got to be very good service for her to be impressed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts