The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If this belongs to somebody here, my sincere apologies...really. I simply can't hold my tongue on this one however. Granted, beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but can someone PLEASE reassure me that Gibson never came up with such a gaudy abomination...

Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Ultima | eBay

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
I've never seen or heard of it before. Perhaps it was a prototype Liberace sig guitar?

I like this comment: "The neck is ebony and the inlaid abalone mother of pearl is in tasteful blocks. Altogether, this is a very tastefully produced guitar with a wonderful sound."

Taste is a personal thing, but I wouldn't use 'tasteful' once to describe this, let alone twice. YMMV. :D

{edited: Ooops, perhaps I should withhold my snarkiness in case it is a member's ad. In which case, GLWS ....... B#(*}

Reactions: Roryfan

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like something Trump would play.
"Like" just doesn't cut it here. Quick, someone invent an online "Love" button for me....ha ha!

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
$13k for a guitar and they can't even get a picture of it that's in focus.... LOL. I actually quite like the colour, but the inlays are beyond gaudy.

W.

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It appears to have nibs. I think I'm going to be sick...

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
10,871 Posts
The Victorian Era Les Paul. What all the dandies were playing in 1880. If you find the matching doilies and silver tea service you've got it made.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Looks like someone puked abalone all over that thing....disgusting. Any fool willing to part with that much coin on an instrument deserves the ridicule

1 - 20 of 32 Posts