The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum used to be opt in. I have no interest in viewing ti. This is a guitar forum. If I want to talk politics there is always Facebook. I really don't like having my "New" feed polluted with posts that have nothing to do with guitars or music. If it can't be made opt in then can you come up with a way we can block it?

Thank you. I have been a paid member for many years. I dislike the new format but I will learn to live with it. I probably won't be renewing my paid membership because of the political forum. I thouhgt I could just ignore the posts but it is not in my nature.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Funny. I dont see any of the post the political forum !

I breifly joined last year but asked to be removed shortly after.

Maybe thats why I currently see none of them...

·
Administrator
225 Posts
Hello,

The political forums are currently opt in, but unfortunately premium members still see it. The techs will be able to correct this soon, and I apologize for the inconvenience in the interim and hope to have this corrected soon.

Thanks you for your feedback,
Gerrit

·
Premium Member
17,182 Posts
Hello,

The political forums are currently opt in, but unfortunately premium members still see it. The techs will be able to correct this soon, and I apologize for the inconvenience in the interim and hope to have this corrected soon.

Thanks you for your feedback,
Gerrit
Thanks for making that change.

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
Not to be a smart ass, but you could always just not look at it couldn’t you?

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
It’s kind of hard to ignore when you’re not used to seeing the threads AND they seem to dominate the new posts section at times. Myself, I would prefer not to have a list cluttered with material I have zero interest for in.

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to be a smart ass, but you could always just not look at it couldn’t you?
I don’t trust myself not to become an active participant. I don’t need the aggravation. I come here to talk about guitars and music and maybe hear a little bit about people’s offline lives. There is nothing wrong with political discussions but I find they are way more productive face to face.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Since the update I have seen more political posts than normal posts. They are finally gone. Thank you

Reactions: Private Hudson

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
That is why I am not on BookFace, I come here because I am interested in guitars. I know that my conservative political beliefs would not align with many on here. I do enjoy the off topic section just for humour.

·
Super Moderator
15,759 Posts
That is why I am not on BookFace, I come here because I am interested in guitars. I know that my conservative political beliefs would not align with many on here. I do enjoy the off topic section just for humour.
You'd be surprised, LOL.

·
Premium Member
4,119 Posts
This forum used to be opt in. I have no interest in viewing ti. This is a guitar forum. If I want to talk politics there is always Facebook. I really don't like having my "New" feed polluted with posts that have nothing to do with guitars or music. If it can't be made opt in then can you come up with a way we can block it?

Thank you. I have been a paid member for many years. I dislike the new format but I will learn to live with it. I probably won't be renewing my paid membership because of the political forum. I thouhgt I could just ignore the posts but it is not in my nature.
Maybe this new forum software allows you to hide sub-forums like on The Gear Page?

·
Premium Member
9,514 Posts
I dunno, there’s lots of sub forums on here I’ve never once looked at.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts