The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, please help me identify jack whites guitar. i was quite sure that it was a gretsch anniversary, maybe with a customized third middle pickup and b7 original bigsby (instead of the "gretsch: by bigsby" bigsbys) It looks like there is an anniversary plate on the head too. and i might be right, but it seems almost as small as a les paul, and i wanna make sure. PLEASE HELP ME! i really wanna buy this guitar.

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
Yeah, agreed... Gretsch with 3 Filtertrons, anybody know the model? I'm going to see the white stripes tonight.:banana:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, agreed... Gretsch with 3 Filtertrons, anybody know the model? I'm going to see the white stripes tonight.:banana:
saw them last month here in burnaby! kicked ass, have you heard about the secret shows they are doing? they did one at a youth center here, which is a 10 minute walk from my house! anyways, i hope the show kicked ass! (even though theres no way it didnt)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
it's a clone:eek:

I googled it and it seems to be, almost certainly, a custom made clone called a triple jet; but it could be his grandmother:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I googled it and it seems to be, almost certainly, a custom made clone called a triple jet; but it could be his grandmother:D
thanks alot for googling it and all, but im pretty sure the one you are talking about is his custom copper top he calls the triple jet, i dont think that this one is a jet. thanks though:rockon:

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I read an interview in a British Guitar magazine a few months back and he White said the guitar was custom built for him. He named who did it in the piece i think. If I still have the issue, I will post what he said.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK here's the straight poop on Jack..

The guitar shown is a Gretsch Annie junior that was modified to look like it had 3 filtertrons. In fact the middle is housing an MXR microamp for increased boost.

He uses this aswell as his 2 Gretsch custom made coppertopped triple Jets only in the Raconteurs aswell as an orange Gretsch Rancher Acoustic.

He says he likes the junior Annie because its not as big as a regular 6120 but it is just as deep(2.75 inches IIRC)

For the Stripes he still uses his 2 Airlines, a 70's Crestwood Astral II, a Kay hollowbody Archtop and an old Harmony. He also has a new Gretsch Rancher in white with the Falcon headstock but all the binding, the double pickguards and the G brand are red. If you've seen them on the Canadian toour you saw them all except the Harmony.

He also just purchased the original White Penguin that is seen on the Guitar World cover and in the Icky Thump video but it wasn't used in the recording of Icky Thump. Also it wasn't brought on tour as it costs like $80,000 so it is kinda irreplaceable. If I had his kinda money I'd buy one too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK here's the straight poop on Jack..

The guitar shown is a Gretsch Annie junior that was modified to look like it had 3 filtertrons. In fact the middle is housing an MXR microamp for increased boost.

He uses this aswell as his 2 Gretsch custom made coppertopped triple Jets only in the Raconteurs aswell as an orange Gretsch Rancher Acoustic.

He says he likes the junior Annie because its not as big as a regular 6120 but it is just as deep(2.75 inches IIRC)

For the Stripes he still uses his 2 Airlines, a 70's Crestwood Astral II, a Kay hollowbody Archtop and an old Harmony. He also has a new Gretsch Rancher in white with the Falcon headstock but all the binding, the double pickguards and the G brand are red. If you've seen them on the Canadian toour you saw them all except the Harmony.

He also just purchased the original White Penguin that is seen on the Guitar World cover and in the Icky Thump video but it wasn't used in the recording of Icky Thump. Also it wasn't brought on tour as it costs like $80,000 so it is kinda irreplaceable. If I had his kinda money I'd buy one too!
Hey man thanks! that really helped, that mxr built in thing is really cool, i heard of that before in his copper top, but i didnt know that middle pickup was it! aswell i cant believe you know more about jack than me! :eek: again thankyou so much, much appreciation and you really helped me out. i suspected he used the annie jr. but it seemed just too small. whatever though. thanks so much!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts