The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... the other week when we were setting up at a gig. Grabbed the guitarists spare Strat and plugged into my bass rig. Dialled in a bit more tube drive than I normally use on bass and played a bit. I'm no guitarist, but it did indeed sound nice and full.

I posted a while back about guitarist's using bass cabs in their rig, and I still think it is cool!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Seems to work great for all those doom/stoner bands. I actually watched an old Kyuss vid last night & Josh was playing through an old Marshall bass head and what looked like an 8x10 cab... Old Sunn's seem to be the holy grail for those guys.

A lot of Fender junkies like playing through old Bassman heads too. It does make things sound fuller, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Emohawk said:
Seems to work great for all those doom/stoner bands. I actually watched an old Kyuss vid last night & Josh was playing through an old Marshall bass head and what looked like an 8x10 cab... Old Sunn's seem to be the holy grail for those guys.

A lot of Fender junkies like playing through old Bassman heads too. It does make things sound fuller, that's for sure.
I've heard that's a great head for guitars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts