The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Fame or love

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
733 Posts
I play for the music, there's nothing more satisfying to me than to pull off a good gig/jam/practice. The pay is ok, made $80 last fri nite, we get anywhere between $350 - $450 and that's divided 5-ways, we're booked pretty much every week up to New Year's. But that is certainly not enough to make a living and I don't need the $$ anyway, I know I wouldn't want to gig any more than twice a week, it takes a lot out of me and I have a couple other lives on the go. I know I'm going to get bored with the bar scene soon.

I just hate it when people get oh so serious about the 'biz', the money, and 'fame'. Then it's work and work sucks. I don't need any more 'fame' than I already have. Besides the music, the other driver is the whole personal development aspect like overcoming fears, meeting new people, and pushing the envelope of how I am 'supposed' to behave, what I can do, and who I am 'supposed' to be.

Mich

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.