The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Cool Jeff. I've been thinking about the pig tails for my 05 R8. I wonder if they'd improve my already great paul. Steve said the tone should'nt change that much, ( mine already has the Gibson lightweight tailpiece ) but his tolerances are better and closer to the 50's machining and shape. Look forward to your observations.
Sean.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fernieite said:
Cool Jeff. I've been thinking about the pig tails for my 05 R8. I wonder if they'd improve my already great paul. Steve said the tone should'nt change that much, ( mine already has the Gibson lightweight tailpiece ) but his tolerances are better and closer to the 50's machining and shape. Look forward to your observations.
Sean.
I've done the pigtail studs, bushings and wrap tail on my R4 with awesome results. More clarity, sustain and resonance.

I've done the pigtail studs bushings and stop tail in my R8 with awesome results. More clarity, sustain and resonance.

PS) Jim loves doing this stuff. Actually I lie, he loses sleep over it. :smile:

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Yeah, I'll probably go the pig route when I get some cash. Tell the "big kahuna" I said hi! Haven't seen him in a long time. Great guy. Excellent workmanship. He's worked on all my guitars. Miles at fretworks is very good as well. Did a great reset on my acoustic. Sean.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I installed a Pigtail intonatable wraptail and studs on my '60 Melody Maker.
The guy is a craftsman, awesome stuff.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I had a pigtail wraparound on a '67 SG for a while, worked & sounded great!!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the guitar back today. All it took was a single strum to tell the guitar was more resonant and much louder acoustically. Strings ring clearer as well.

Once again a great upgrade from Pigtail Music.

Jim, mentioned he could sure tell how much harder and stronger the pigtail ABR studs were.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Hi Jeff. I've got the whole kit on the way: pigtail 50's ABR wireless bridge, stop tail, bushings, studs and thumbwheels. Jim's going to install them on my 05 R8. I was wondering if you got the bushings as well? I hear they're a pain to install. Sean.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fernieite said:
Hi Jeff. I've got the whole kit on the way: pigtail 50's ABR wireless bridge, stop tail, bushings, studs and thumbwheels. Jim's going to install them on my 05 R8. I was wondering if you got the bushings as well? I hear they're a pain to install. Sean.
Everything is pigtail on my two historics including bushings. Jim loves doing the bushings, he's probably already losing sleep. hehe I tell I don't care if he scuffs mine up it's a player not a show piece but he still frets over it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hey Jeff, do the thumbwheels fit the std ABR1 thread?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts