The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first commercial device I had seen with a little screen display capable of animation was the Korg Minilogue. It includes a little LED screen that appears to be abut 1.5" x 0.75" or so, and not only shows the traditional menu-type displays, but also has tiny-scope capabilities, showing the waveform as one tweaks the controls. You can see it below, on the right, just above the bank of red-lit switches.

Then, I see the yet to be released Empress Zoia, also has one.

If that wasn't enough, this morning's weekly bulletin from Effectsdatabase shows me pedals from a Norwegian pedal company that is also including the little screen display in some of their pedals to provide useful display of parameters in graphic form.
OnkartGromt Funky Fellow - Envelope Filter
OnkartGromt Grompressor - Compressor
OnkartGromt TurboTore v2 - Programmable 6-band Parametric Equalizer

Looking at various NAMM 2018 videos, one also saw "the little scope" in various synth products, for users to essentially use visual feedback on the waveform impact of control settings to tweak, and especially reproduce, their sounds.

So. Are pics of the sound the next big trend in pedals? I can easily see them being useful in sculpting reverb or things like multi-tap delays.

·
Premium Member
17,370 Posts
Perhaps?

All I know is i want to mess with a zoia.

·
Premium Member
25,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Posted a comment about this to the Day 3 NAMM O'Clock News TPS Youtube, and was pleasantly surprised to get a response from ****.

EDIT: And Dan chimed in a little later. I'll just say that he plays guitar better than he types, though I imagine 3 days at NAMM will do that to a bloke. ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have enough trouble with the analog pedals I already have! I don't need a computer making me feel even more dumba!

That being said, I do like the like icon on the top right of the Empress Zoia. "Feelin' lucky"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts