The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm looking in to buying some DiMarzio pickups for my new Fender American Strat. I want to buy a new bridge pickup that's better for metal solos (like metallica), and for power chords as well but I still want to keep my original fender neck pickup for some blues and soft rock. I am having a tough time with that since DiMarzio has such a vast selection of pickups, any sugestions? I also have a couple of other questions, what is the middle pickup used for, and can anyone give me a more in dept description of what output means?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe you should think about a different guitar? alternately a humbucker that fits in the space of a single coil.Duncan makes several Im not terribly familiar with DiMarzio anymore since I havent used them since the seventies when they were the only game in town

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm not that familiar with strats, but does it have a bridge humbucker?

You should look into a YJM or (I believe) an HS-1. The EJ sounds great too. And I think they now make "special" single coils now, such as the Tone Zone single. I currently use a Tone Zone in my bridge and dig the tone, but it is a humbucker. I don't know a ton about single coils as I'm more of a humbucker kind of guy, but that's what I can suggest!

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts