The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a set of fishman fluence moderns into my Gibson LP Studio a while back, and have just been sitting on the pickups for a future project. Well about a month or so ago I found one. I picked up a new Epiphone SG Pro and thought it would make good use of the pickups.

Now my problem is wiring them. I barely made it through the fishman install and I had a diagram that told me exactly what to do.. so basically I have no real skill or knowledge as far as any of this is concerned.
I'm pretty sure it's straight forward but just want to double check before I start attacking it.

The Gibson and Epiphone pickups both have connectors on the wires, they just aren't the same. My theory is that I can just clip the connectors off both, and just match the colours back up.. I just don't want to go through that and have it be wrong.

pickup connector.JPG

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So some further research lead me to an adapter made just for this, that way the wires don't have to be cut at all. But a little bit more research seems to conclude that it's not even worth the upgrade. As far as I could tell everyone I've found that has done it, says they noticed next to no difference in sound.. that those epiphone pickups sound just like the 57's after whatever the last overhaul they got was.
So I guess I'm dropping this project for now.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with a set of 57's lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts