The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sorry about the big pic guys, I thought i reduced it. Anywhooo...... on the left is my new american standard in Mary Kay white. Behind is my new amp, I'm sure ya recognize it. And on the right is my Squire tele. I was wondering about what kind of pickups to consider to replace the cheapies in the Squire. The existing pickups are noisy, so i thought i might like a couple humbuckers or something with a little bit of raunch. Any suggestions? I play mostly rockin' country. The squire plays like a dream........ Thanx, Td :wave:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I put a set of Fralin tele pickups (stock wind) into my 52 reissue and they are awesome. Still able to get the nice cleans (without noise and mud like the stock ones) but run some overdrive and they rock!

AJC

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...i just purchased a set of gfs lil punchers. exceedingly cheap, but actually quite good and, fortunately, by that i do not mean "pretty good for the price".

the newer bill lawrence pickups are also inexpensive, and very high in quality.

the best noiseless pickups are kinmans, but they are expensive. i have a set of traditional mkIIs in my g&l legacy. $400 including everything, but they are truly astounding.

-david
toronto

·
Premium Member
161 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
+1 for the fralins

Kent armstrong hot tele pickups have got great reviews as well and are much less expensive.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pickups

I was vacationing in California last summer when I stumbled upon a vintage guitar show in San Rafael, north of San Francisco. I met a fellow there named Pete Biltoft and tried out his own custom pickups. They were, with out a doubt, the warmest, most alive sounding pickups I've ever played. They're not cheap (probably about $150 US for the pair), but man they wail.

Pete Biltoft - Vintage Vibe Guitars

www.VintagVibeGuitars.com

[email protected]

:)

Jeff

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The fralins are good I have them in my strat but in my tele I use the custom shop texas tele pickups and I am very satisfied. Set them up with the 4 way switch mod and bring on the rock and roll.......:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Any thoughts on the custom shop nocasters?
If strat pups are any indication they should be great.
I have a set of fat 50s in my strat and absolutely love them.

I think a squier is in my future.

·
Registered
698 Posts
david henman said:
the best noiseless pickups are kinmans, but they are expensive. i have a set of traditional mkIIs in my g&l legacy. $400 including everything, but they are truly astounding.
+1. I have a set of AVN Woodstocks in my Squier Strat & love them. They even make my old Flextone combo sound really good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts