The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, a buddy of mine in the states is gonna get me a used set of SD's for my tokai, and i was wondering where i could get them installed in London.

thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I usually go see Greg at Matt's Music on Saturday between 2:00pm & 5:00pm. If he can't do it he'll refer you to someone decent.

·
Premium Member
16,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, warren!

one of the guys at bellone's said that one of their ex employees can do it, and apparently he's right next door to bellone's (i was told i can use their parking lot). i've never heard of the store though, guitar something.

i dunno when i'll be getting my pickups, but im excited to hear my tokai w/ something a bit more modern!

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
hey budda.

guitarworks is next to bellones. i've not worked with ranier weichmann personally, but i've heard bad things, so be careful (a good friend of mine had a pretty BS experience with the guy). there's a decent tech out of kitchener, through waterloo music... can't remember his name, but his work looks good to me.

ps. keep your tokai pickups whatever you do. they older tokais are going up in value, you don't want to kill the guitar's resale value.

·
Premium Member
16,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im kinda suprised bellones doesnt do installations, personally. kind of a let down when i found out lol.

i dont think my tokai is that old, or that valuable - but its not on the tokai UK website, and i couldnt find any info on it on the web. i'm going to keep the pickups mainly because they do the more vintage thing very well.

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
are you just swapping the pickups straight out? you might either try it yourself if you have a soldering gun, a little patience, and can follow a diagram (seymour duncan's website has a million schematics for free). it's a great opportunity to learn more about your guitar. alternatively, i work in st marys, i can do the swap for you for a few bucks for my time, if we can find a way to get the guitar back and forth. PM if you want...

cheers.

·
Premium Member
16,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you just swapping the pickups straight out? you might either try it yourself if you have a soldering gun, a little patience, and can follow a diagram (seymour duncan's website has a million schematics for free). it's a great opportunity to learn more about your guitar. alternatively, i work in st marys, i can do the swap for you for a few bucks for my time, if we can find a way to get the guitar back and forth. PM if you want...

cheers.
yeah i was hoping to take one set out and drop the other in. thanks for the offer :), however whenever i get A new set of pickups, my friend from TO is gonna visit and I'm going to Try to install them (he'll do it if i cant :p) and then have some jam and some drink.

now i just need the pickups.. either coyoteblue's gibsons or a Custom/'59 set :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts