The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, me and my GF were in Toronto, and went to visit the 12th Fret on Saturday. It was my first time there, although I scour their website almost daily for the used guitars.

I tried out a 95' Taylor 712 (EI RW back and sides, Sitka top, ebony board in the grand aud. body size) they had for $1700. I loved it, the GF loved it so we took it home to Northern Ontario :)

Its such a sweet guitar. Maybe I am not fussy, but I think I have good ears and can play half decently. Whether you finger pick it or flat pick it it seems to be so easy to play - ie, great action, perfect width and thickness neck and its so light. REsponds well to the touch, thats for sure.

Was a good weekend, as we got engaged too :)

AJC

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! In some "dumb way" it actually means a lot more to me because she really bought it for me, and it will always remind me of that weekend.

However, it is a great guitar - I was playing it again quite a bit tonight, and it really sounds lovely.

The funny thing is that I cant fingerpick very well on my dread sized acoustic, but this one makes me not too bad. I think the smaller body size and more comfortable arm position has a lot to do with it.

AJC

·
Registered
306 Posts
Congratulations all around! Especially the part about her buying you the guitar...I would take that as a pretty good sign that she understands you.

I want to go shopping at the 12th Fret the next time I am in Toronto. With any luck I will be able to take my better half as well.

:rockon:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice purchase. The x12 is actually Grand Concert shape with the x14 being the Grand Auditorium. They are great fingerpickers, flatpickers and light strummers. With the light bracing and shallow body they will tend to get a little muddy on heavy strumming but they do everything else just great.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congarts! You can't go wrong with a Taylor:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes time does fly... :)

Lesley bought me that guitar in January 2007, still think it is the best sounding and playing acoustic i have ever had my mitts on.

It sits currently on a stand inthe bedroom, i play it for our newborn ( well he's almost 8 weeks old) a lot although when it gets humid i will put it back in the case when it isnt being played.

I know a lot of people say Taylors have no soul but man, this one really, really sounds so sweet. And it is loud!

AJC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts