The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got one of these to match my Reverned Charger 290!

And what a crazy little amp it is. It's incredibly light and small, and it has a Jensen Neo speaker in it which cuts down on the weight even more. I'd say it's roughly the size of a Pro Junior, but a little taller. It probably only weighs about 20 lbs. The shocking this is how powerful the amp sounds though, especially in the low end. You'd almost think it's a joke hearing the massive sound and seeing the little amp.

It's a shame they stopped making these amps. They offer some pretty cool features.

5/15 watts switchable
2 6V6 power tube section, 4 12AX7
tube driven reverb
effects loop, ext speaker outs

The craziest feature is the "Shizo" switch though. It gives it 3 different voicings:

- US - Transparent midrange with strong bass and treble for classic American clean and light overdrive.
- LO-FI - Softer treble and stronger midrange, for a bluesy grind reminiscent of vintage off-brand American amps.
- UK - Even more gain with a distinctly British upper-mid peak for classic blues-rock and hard-rock crunch.

And the thing is they actually DO sound just like that.

I have no photos but I will post one from the web. I just thought I'd post some info in case any of you are on small amp hunts all the time like me. They are pretty affordable too.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...i would buy a reverend guitar OR amp if i could find one. like carvin, its strictly mail order, unless you get lucky. congratulations!

-dh

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Looks like a cool little amp.

·
Registered
526 Posts
david henman said:
...i would buy a reverend guitar OR amp if i could find one. like carvin, its strictly mail order, unless you get lucky. congratulations!

-dh
they don't make amps anymore.

I love my hellhound 40/60 head. it managed to halt my quest for tone in its tracks.

·
Premium Member
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hoser said:
they don't make amps anymore.

I love my hellhound 40/60 head. it managed to halt my quest for tone in its tracks.

Ya, people are always looking for one amp that will 'do it all' . While I haven't had a chance to sit down and really play with it, it seems to be the closest thing I personally have tried to being that amp. And their larger amps ran on 6L6's which must produce some great sounds.

I can't believe how different the 3 settings are on the Schizo switch. It's especially impressive considering they offered the Goblin for $500 when they made them. With the feature set and the quality of build I can see why they stopped making them. They must not have been turning much profit. I can't remember the exact number, but someone told me there was only about 400 Goblins made.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
Ooooooooooooooh! Sweet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts