The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to an expert in my search for the sounds I need.

A guy named Scott who runs a company called Axe and You Shall Receive happens to live a couple of k from my home.

http://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com/

I had previously tried numerous distortion and overdrive pedals in the shops but wanted to give a few of the fancy ones a try so I went to Scott's.
The guy took lots of time with me. Very cool dude and he knows his poo.
I tried (if I can remember):

Xotic BB, AC
OCD
Visual Sound J & H
Keeley modded Tube Screamer

Unh...many more (one was a 24 volt thing with about seven knobs on it)

The one I selected was

Handmade by Catilinbread in Seattle.

I kept coming back to it.

I think the BB was number two.

Oh and I got this

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Nice! I wish I could hear some samples of that overdrive pedal!

Been gassing for that Keeley compressor for a while now! I have the Visual Sound J&H, nice pedal if you like smooth and creamy gain. What type of tones do you get with that Catlinbread?

·
Premium Member
16,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ne1roc said:
Nice! I wish I could hear some samples of that overdrive pedal!

Been gassing for that Keeley compressor for a while now! I have the Visual Sound J&H, nice pedal if you like smooth and creamy gain. What type of tones do you get with that Catlinbread?
The SCOD is an overdrive but with a bit more gain than your average tubescreamer. Plus the "contour" control seems to be a midrange or maybe presence coltrol and lets you dial in your desired eq very nicely.

It has a pretty rude sound when cranked and a nice glassy overdrive when reigned in a bit.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah, scott is a cool guy for sure. He tells me there is gear to the roof, but I havent been out yet. VERY cool to deal with too. I got an old ibanez compressor from him a month or so ago.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Excellent! Both really cool pedals. Sounds like a ton of fun! Awesome to have choices like that all under one roof.

·
Premium Member
16,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it was like being in stompbox heaven, LOL.

He was going to all four corners of the house and grabbing pedals. I got the sense he was happy to spend as much time as I needed to make the best choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts