The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1967 Gibson ES 335
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Long time lurker and somewhat new to posting. I thought I would share a pic of my favorite guitar, it's a vintage 1967 Gibson ES-335 and the Sparkling Burgundy finish has faded to a near perfect goldtop colour. The bigsby was added very early in the guitars life as the original red is still underneath it. I'm also currently searching for an R9 Les Paul as well so if you guys have one I'd love to see some pics of yours here too!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Hey guys,

Long time lurker and somewhat new to posting. I thought I would share a pic of my favorite guitar, it's a vintage 1967 Gibson ES-335 and the Sparkling Burgundy finish has faded to a near perfect goldtop colour. The bigsby was added very early in the guitars life as the original red is still underneath it. I'm also currently searching for an R9 Les Paul as well so if you guys have one I'd love to see some pics of yours here too!
I will be honest, if this is your favorite guitar, and you start a thread to show us... We all deserve a better picture (us and the guitar). :devilish:
Looks great.

...and while you're there... I want a better picture of that "Mars Attacks!' head. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1967 Gibson ES 335
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be honest, if this is your favorite guitar, and you start a thread to show us... We all deserve a better picture (us and the guitar). :devilish:
Looks great.

...and while you're there... I want a better picture of that "Mars Attacks!' head. Thanks
Thanks man! I'll post more pics of the guitar and Mars Attacks alien tomorrow! I'm a sculptor in the special FX's movie industry, I made that alien ages ago hahaha

·
Premium Member
1967 Gibson ES 335
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Truly, that looks SO cool. I've never seen one go uniformly gold like that. Great era for Gibson semis.
Thank you! Yeah, I've never seen another one that's gone completely gold like this. They often go a weird brown/gold/green color. It's my favorite era for Gibson semis too, I know a lot of people aren't a fan of the narrow nut but I love it

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Thanks man! Holy crap that R9 is beautiful! I love that finish! Is that bourbon burst?
I honestly don't know - perhaps factory burst? I'll have to look at the box I suppose.

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
@BlueRocker looks to be iced tea. Bourbon is closer to tobacco. Mine is royal teaburst and yours looks pretty close imo.
Just found the box - it's called Royal Tea Burst

Reactions: Budda

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
1,241 Posts
That 335 is effing sweet... would love an oldie someday, and the vibe on yours is fire.

I don't have an R9, but I've got this R7 (soon to get a Bigsby and a Peter Green mod) and a Rusty Anderson 335 among the harem... the R7 is around 8 lbs, has a smaller neck profile (a-la maybe a V1 or V2 R0 profile; round, but not a baseball bat) and you can see some figure under the gold paint...

W.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks man! I'll post more pics of the guitar and Mars Attacks alien tomorrow! I'm a sculptor in the special FX's movie industry, I made that alien ages ago hahaha
Awesome. I always wanted to make practical FX but had no idea how to get into the business. Instead I learned how to make teeth as a dental technologist. I have made lots of cool teeth for Halloween though 😂

1 - 17 of 17 Posts