The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked it out earlier today, some interesting stuff and some of the same old, same old. Here are the photos I took.

Here's a working guitar that was made from Legos.

I liked the wood they used in this Telecaster.

A used Roland VG-88. The guy at the table said he was selling it for his friend for $200.00.

Some Telecasters and Acoustics.

Here's just an overall photo of various guitars.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A short tour from Dave...

That vintage EchoPlex was at the Ottawa show too. Buy anything?
Thanks for the video Sulphur. I was there when Dave was taking the videos. @1SweetRide, no I didn't buy anything although I was tempted by the Roland VG-88. The only problem is I haven't got a lot of space left in my music room for any new gear so I had to pass.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
A couple of shots in the annex, including the Atomic Age Vintage table and my rawktastic table. No same-old, same-old here:
[ed: looks like the asshats at Photobucket have changed their terms of service and now want money from me for show pix. Good luck with that! Their offering has fallen off a cliff in the past year, and now they're pushing their users off that cliff. Definitely not the sharpest knives in the drawer. Pix will return as soon as I sign up up with a different service]

Test of other non-asshat photo-sharing site:
TorontoGuitarShow_8867 by Nate Lamy, on Flickr
TorontoGuitarShow_8870 by Nate Lamy, on Flickr

…hmmm…that seems to work...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A couple of shots in the annex, including my rawktastic table. No same-old, same-old here:

Definitely not the "same old, same old". Your table is a great example of what I like to see when I go to a guitar show. I like guitars that are still somewhat mainstream but just offbeat enough to be cool and interesting. Nothing against LPs, Strats, Teles, etc. but I like to see more unique shapes or different kinds of wood being used in the guitars. I also found that the prices you were asking seemed to be more reasonable than the other sellers. I especially liked that "American Showster" guitar you had on your table.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Wow! what have you got there?? Teles? 335?
To clarify, the Hofner Club 50, Showster, Kay, teenager and lots of other cool stuff were at Atomic Age Vintage Guitars, across from me.

I had the
-'80 Polytone Improv II semi
-'60s Roger Junior
-'90 Ampeg AX-44C combo
-'70s custom-made Fenderoid P-bass with a solid mahogany body.
-'16 Koch Studiotone head, new
-'16 Hofner Gold Label 500/1 in purple, new
You know, everyday stuff that's widely avaiable…

And, yes, a couple of teles. Actually, a Tele (Baja, with CS pickup upgrade) and a tele (Allparts alder body, big Allparts neck, w/Babicz bridge, Staggered Gotoh tuners, Dimarzio humbucking Tele pickups, custom gold pickguard/control panel).

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
What the hell! I didn't hear about any Toronto guitar show. Where was it and when? It would have been cool to meet some of you guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I remember to days when that show was huge. Full of guys carrying around vintage guitars looking for buyers. There was always a few US buyers that had a table with nothing on display and a whack of guitar cases underneath. None of which were for sale! Wow have things changed. As I said before. I have vintage guitars, but my 22 year old son has no regard for them. He thinks the newer stuff is better in all aspects. Fit, finish, sound. His train of thought, " I would rather have 10 guitars that impress me than 1 old guitar that impresses everyone else". Things are a changing.........

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
I remember to days when that show was huge. Full of guys carrying around vintage guitars looking for buyers. There was always a few US buyers that had a table with nothing on display and a whack of guitar cases underneath. None of which were for sale! Wow have things changed. As I said before. I have vintage guitars, but my 22 year old son has no regard for them. He thinks the newer stuff is better in all aspects. Fit, finish, sound. His train of thought, " I would rather have 10 guitars that impress me than 1 old guitar that impresses everyone else". Things are a changing.........
by the sounds of that, for the better. good for him

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
No kidding....that used to be a pretty major show back in the day.

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Your son is wise but maybe someday he'll be looking for the tone that only vintage guitars have.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts