The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't resist these mutts. I started making my own nuts and saddles out of bone and like fixing up old beaters.

I got a 1989 Simon and patrick guitar for 40$. A big hunk of the top is lifting and there are two cracks. Its an interesting guitar, I can't find another like it. Its a Martin D-18 copy and the logo is even stlyed like Martin.
Plus, it has the coolest V neck. It might just be a keeper.

Second is a legitimate lawsuit guitar! An Ibanez with the Gibson type rosette and open book headstock. That was the only thing Gibson ever sued for. It needs a lot of work, but its very cool. The worst headstock break I have ever seen.

Third is a really nice clean Ovation 1112-2 in original case. No work needed on this baby, although the seller just put 9-42 electric strings on it, so I might change them.

Just wanted to share!

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Even if you fix them with duck tape and they end up sounding good then that's all that matters.

I have a 1974 Ovation 1621-4 that I need to move because I never play it but I can't get around to selling the bastard. Maybe when I get hungry enough and have to start lookin for food with a rifle in the woods. ...lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts