The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Alright, I got bored this afternoon and decided to do a little soundclipstravaganza.

http://www.corbettcyr.com/Personal/Dave/townshend_sounds.wmv

The file is 15 megs but you should be able to stream it. Or download it. Either way.

The videocamera was clipping out a little on the audio, so that gave everything a kind of shimmery high-end clippy sound that the mp3 compression made kind of worse. Once you tune that out, it sounds alright.

Oh yeah- and the guitar doesn't sustain quite as well as that video would indicate. That was the camera's compressor/limiter trying to level everything out. But it is outstandingly sustain-y.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Jim Jones said:
Now let's hear some "Live At Leeds" stuff on that bad boy! :smile:
I'm sure this is blasphemous, but I've never even heard Live at Leeds. :eek: I like the Who, but haven't really got into them as much as I probably could. It's the guitar that I really liked, not really that it's a Townshend one.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It definitely sounds like his tone. If I had recorded that clip with a proper mic, it would probably be a lot clearer. Unfortunately, I lent my sm-57 to a friend and had to rely on the videocamera mic.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
nine said:
I'm sure this is blasphemous, but I've never even heard Live at Leeds. :eek: I like the Who, but haven't really got into them as much as I probably could. It's the guitar that I really liked, not really that it's a Townshend one.
"Live At Leeds" is definitely worth checking out - one of THE great live albums in my opinion. If you get a chance, grab the Live at The Isle of Wight DVD. Their playing and setlist is fairly similar to Leeds as the festival was only six months later. Here's a sample http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olcWoPYbf7g

I think if I could pick only one Who album it'd be "Who's Next" with "LAL" being a close second. I'd miss all the early mod-era hits though. :smile:

Jim

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.