The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to post this but figure this is probably one of the more popular sub-forums...

http://instagr.am/p/Bbc8-z1lgOn/
For the lazy...here are the pertinent details:

Who: Pete Thorn and Suhr Guitars
What: Suhr guitar clinic featuring Pete Thorn
Where: Stang Guitars in Edmonton
When: Friday, December 8th @ 7pm (for the record, the store opens at 10am...just sayin'!)
Cost: Nada, zero, zilch!!

Stay tuned! The event of the year is coming to Stang Guitars!! @petethornguitarist and @suhrcustom !! #playmoreguitar #petethorn #suhr #hometownboy

It will be on a first come first seated basis. We have 70 chairs and then standing room for more. There will be no reserving and no cover charge! Get there early!

·
Premium Member
LsL Saticoy One, Suhr Alt T Pro, Lucky Dog Evangelist, Fender Strat, Fender Tele
32 Posts
Killer player, down to earth guy, and man does he know tone. He's a feather in the Edmonton musical cap for sure.

·
Premium Member
13,026 Posts
I will be there. Ran into him on the street on Whyte Ave in October. Very nice guy.

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
Cool. Wish he was coming out to the coast.

John seems to love Canadians? Or maybe it's just coincidence. Both Pete and Ian Thornley are significant parts of his endorsement stable. Those Suhr parties that Ian has played at look like a real trip.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Pete Thorn has a few desirable characteristics:

- excellent player;
- genuine connoisseur of tone;
- well read and speaks very well using language all can comprehend;
- has managed to forge a successful career doing what I'd do for free; all the while
- never forgetting his roots nor letting success go to his head.

The kind of person I'd love to jam with and/or have a beer with.

I will definitely try to make it out to his Edmonton clinic!

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
And for those that didn't read the fine print, he is in Calgary on Dec 6 at some Gutiarworks. I'm guessing 16th Ave because that's where they keep the good stuff, but I didn't see the exact location.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
a few desirable characteristics:

- excellent player;
- genuine connoisseur of tone;
- well read and speaks very well using language all can comprehend;
- has managed to forge a successful career doing what I'd do for free; all the while
- never forgetting his roots nor letting success go to his head.

The kind of person I'd love to jam with and/or have a beer with.
You just described Gene Simmons! lol

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
And for those that didn't read the fine print, he is in Calgary on Dec 6 at some Gutiarworks. I'm guessing 16th Ave because that's where they keep the good stuff, but I didn't see the exact location.
7116 Macleod Trail SE, 7pm, be early for a seat.

Sent from my other brain.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts