The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would reaaly like to know how, with all the B.S. you have to go through re: automobile manufacturing, legislation and the like;

What YoYo okayed the idea of alternating the placement of the gas filler caps?

It seems every time I go to get gas I have to turn around, risk losing my place in line, and back my vehicle in because the people ahead of me are facing every which way to get gas.

(mind you if my air worked it might be less stressful....LOL)

anyone else have a pet peeve.

cheers
RIFF WRATH

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...my secret wish is to meet the person or persons who designed spring loaded fawcetts. i would like to have them give me an actual live demonstration.

-dh

C

·
0 Posts
"Woo-ish" people...

People who spend their money on things like Q-ray bracelets, Herbal Cleansing diets, rosaries, homoeopathy, star-charts, magnetic insoles for their shoes....

Or people who send money to Sylvia Brown, Kirk Cameron/Ray Comfort, Uri Gellar, The 700 Club, the pope....

... as if, in some way ANY of these were in anyway effective outside of entertainment purposes alone.

Will you be sorry of asking? I don't know.... That's your decision, and your decision alone.

I

·
0 Posts
People who insist on putting their beer on my amp after I've graciously supplied gear for a gig.

C

·
0 Posts
"People who insist on putting their beer on my amp..."
... Pull back an empty pint glass!

LOL

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The last one wasn't really a pet peeve, more of a woo-ish example.

Here are a few of my peeves:

• Canadians that quote US dollars for things they sell.
  • Drummers that have huge drum kits with seventeen toms that can't play staight time.
  • Waiting in line.
  • Paying for the privilege of waiting in line - Costco comes to mind.
  • People who ignore the big yellow "this lane ends sign" and insist on speeding up and expecting people to let them in so they can jump the queue. To those that do this, beware all my cars are paid for and I don't mind putting a giant ding in the side of a sixty thousand dollar vehicle to teach someone common courtesy.
  • Traffic.
  • Gaffiti.
  • People who don't clean up after their dogs / animals.
  • People that try to shove religion or other such ideals down your throat. There is nothing wrong with being religious, but man what's with the recruitment thing? It also seems like a pyramid scheme.
I could go on for days, but that's enough venting for now.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
People who stop dead in thier tracks at the top of the escalator... everyone behind them has to back peddal like mad so they don't run over the person!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Slow walking people, or people who think the middle of the sidewalk is a great place to stand and have a conversation.

Also people who drive stupid slow on a 2-lane highway, I'm talking like 60 in a 90.... And theres no opportunity to pass them.
:mad:

Reactions: Gilliangirl

·
Premium Member
16,676 Posts
People who take five minutes to get their a$$es in their seats for a 1 hour flight. Multiply that by 50 and it's easy to see why it takes so fricking long to get going.

It's simple. Don't carry on so much stuff, put your bag in the overhead and sit down.

Same goes when you're de-planing. Get up, get off. It shouldn't take twenty minutes to empty a plane.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...people who think that left lane bandits are the worst thing about driving.

i cannot imagine a more transparent complaint.

no question that left lane bandits are indeed an odd breed. you really want to tap them on the head and ask the pink floyd question ("is there anybody in there?").

but, compared to the unbelievable extent of aggressive and dangerous behavior on our highways, laft lane bandits are a minor inconvenience. if traffic is light, you might lose a second, or maybe even two, waiting for an opportunity to pass. if traffic is congested (eg rush hour), however, you really need to ask yourself why you think you're so special that you need to drive faster than the flow of traffic.

-dh

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
People who take five minutes to get their a$$es in their seats for a 1 hour flight. Multiply that by 50 and it's easy to see why it takes so fricking long to get going.
It's simple. Don't carry on so much stuff, put your bag in the overhead and sit down.
Same goes when you're de-planing. Get up, get off. It shouldn't take twenty minutes to empty a plane.

...hey, leave my mom out of this!!!

i hate to admit this, but that little blue-haired lady at the check-in counter asking every question under the sun AND telling the attendant her entire life story, while hundreds of angry passengers wait in line, is my dear old mother.

sigh...

-dh

·
Premium Member
16,676 Posts
Here's another.

People who don't work but insist on clogging up the lines in banks and government offices at LUNCH time!

They could go at 10, 11, 1:30 et cetera but no, they go when working people who have limited time during business hours are obliged to go and plug things up.

David, your mom again? LOL.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts