The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't forget the 13% Ontario tax, takes it to $1919.87 out the door.
Still a pretty good deal, you see them on Kijiji in the $2200-$2500 range.

This one has some minor blemishes and the knobs have been changed ( should have witch hat reflectors, but it’s still a good deal IMHO.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If it's been sitting this long there's probably a reason. I know the L&M around the corner from me had an ES-339 that was brand new (never owned) but had been heavily discounted after sitting on their wall for about 4 years. I had GAS for one so I went in and checked it out. It was an AWESOME deal but within 60 seconds of it being in my hands I knew exactly why it was still unsold. I walked away from it. Total dog.

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
I've owned three of these. None were dogs, but they were all subtly different. All very heavy, but they're one of the best guitars Gibson has put out in the last 5 years. Anyone looking for a P90 Gibson would have to spend A LOT more money to get anything better. I sold two of mine here for $1700 and $1800 I think but it was a while ago. My goldtop went on Kijiji last April for $2400 and sold in five minutes.

Reactions: Parabola

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My goldtop went on Kijiji last April for $2400 and sold in five minutes.
And Pelham Blue is 100 times cooler than a Goldtop. I will fight anyone who says otherwise. 👊

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had a Pelham Blue one like this and traded it in February. It was a great guitar, if it had a 50’s profile neck it would have been perfect for me.

This one is really tempting me, but I have a One in, one out rule at the moment, and I don’t want to sell anything lol

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny story about mine…
Came home from work about 9:30 last night and my son was in a not-quite panic.

“Dad, next to the fretboard, is your Pelham Blue Les Paul supposed to have a hole in it?!?”. As I was starting to head downstairs, he said “I was playing the drums and I saw a hole drilled in the top, right where the neck joins the body!”

That’s when I realized he was talking about the hole for the pickguard screw. Lol

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
Reactions: Joebob

·
Premium Member
516 Posts

This one has some minor blemishes and the knobs have been changed ( should have witch hat reflectors, but it’s still a good deal IMHO.
For me, that colour is a Total Turn off, regardless of a good deal.

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts

Mine all had speed knobs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts