The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
in my quest to improve my board (new volume and reverb on the way) I starting thinking about my patch cords. Do I go with a custom kit with or buy individual cables? If so brands?
I welcome the wisdom of the forum.

·
Registered
12,873 Posts
I put together a small board for a bandmate using Hosa premade cables with pancake ends.
They were relatively cheap and he's had no issues in the time that he's used it.
I could only find them at Cosmo Music up this way.

I picked up some EBS Flats for another board of mine and they were a decent price and come in four different lengths.
I'm not sure if they're available up here, I ordered direct. EBS Flat Patch Cables - Best Bass Gear

I do have Lava solderless cables on the big board at home and a PT1 for the band rig.
There is a learning curve to putting these together and they're not fail safe.
The plugs are tiny and great for a tight board.

They do have other systems out now that are apparently easier to put together and Minis that can be soldered now too.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I've used George L's for well over a decade now... Solderless compact plugs and the narrow-diameter cable allow me to keep between-pedal runs as short as possible and maximize pedalboard real estate. They've been very stable/reliable for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts