The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have two questions I have a hard time finding out a good answer:

1. I want to know if there is a small apartment amp what with headphones input that also can take really good my pedalboard? I actually have the Fender I v.2. No problem with reverb/delay, but it seems to have a harder time taking well my fuzz pedal and some other.

So is there a good option for me?

2. Or would it be better to use my Focusrite interface and get a software that simulate amps? Would that work well with my pedalboard? If so, what software would you recommand best?

Thanks a lot!

L

·
0 Posts
I have a 1/4 horse. My wife loves the headphone jack. lol.
It also doubles as a computer interface.
Not sure how it handles pedals though, I don't use them.

·
Premium Member
16,957 Posts
Fuzz will clip the signal pretty hard, if I'm not mistaken. You're going to want to adjust your settings regardless of amp or VST (virtual amp).

I use a marshall MG15 at home though I don't use the headphone jack on it. I occasionally record using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2i2 clips way too easily, avoid it) and my board into Garage Band, which is Apple's own recording program. Before GB I was using Reaper on PC.

Pretty much any clean amp will be fine for your board - you just may need to change settings on various pedals.

·
Registered
12,284 Posts
most emulated spkr outs on tube amps sound like crap. if you want good sound with headphones, go with a roland cube or buy a line 6 pod gx

·
Premium Member
16,957 Posts
You can also skip using the pedalboard and just use free VST's in Reaper or similar. Garage Band (if you're a Mac guy) already has some effects programmed in. They get the job done.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
I am sometimes using my pedalboard throught my Avid Eleven Rack, Straight into GarageBand or into a Focusrite and GB. I even used the 11R with my board on live situation and it sounded really good. The Eleven Rack has alot of great emulations and built in effects, it also takes well pedals(surprisingly)...
I also own a Axetrak that it is a silent recording cab(Sealed cab loaded with a speaker and a microphone), so i can plug in my favourite amp then plug the USB out from the Axetrak staight into my DAW in GarageBand. This setup sounds like your pedalboard throught your favourite amp out of your computer's speakers, your computer's headphone out or a PA speaker/headphone's out.

I's say that the Eleven Rack or the Traynor Quarterhorse seems to suits your needs best!

Good luck in your quest!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,009 Posts
I think Garageband works well. Lots of variety and effects. But even better for me was a Tech21 GT2 into a hi-fi receiver/amp and then headphones (or speakers quiet) - more analogy, more like tweaking an amp. They sound really good in that setting. No fx or anything though.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
The 11r is pretty slick. I sometimes play through mine with pedals in front. For me, the best feature is playing through the different amp models. I run it through headphones for quite evening practice, and through a keyboard amp when I want to turn it up. The 11r is pretty affordable too.

For an even cheaper solution, you could just get an interface for your smart phone or tablet and play through GB as suggested above, or try one of the other amp emulation programs. I've got one called Bias FX on my iPad that's pretty good. There's lots to tinker with, if you like that kind of stuff.

By comparison, the 11r is really easy to use. It has some sophisticated features if you want to get into it, but you can just plug in and get playing right away too which is best for me.

·
Premium Member
4,503 Posts
Damn, that quarterhorse is a cool item.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts