The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

What kind of cables do you use for your pedalboard?

• George L

Votes: 43 24.3%
  • Planet Waves

Votes: 33 18.6%
  • Lava Solderless

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • Core One Slug

Votes: 34 19.2%
  • Whatever they had cheapest at the local shop...

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Jeff B. said:
I really like the Lava cables that I got from the GC Gear Shop. It's a huge upgrade from the el 'cheapo ebay cables that I had been using for way too long.
Ditto. I just wired up my 2nd board with Lava's and I like them way better so far than the George L's on my other board in terms of ergonomics and fit 'n finish.

I haven't done a sonic comparison yet, but they feel like they'll be more durable than the George L's. The plug are also WAY better designed!

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
Been using the Lava cables too on my main board and the George L's on my mini board. I really haven't had any issues with any of the two. I find the George L's a little brighter than the Lava.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Planet Waves stuff. I got a kit in highschool then a few more from some guy for super cheap while I was in university. The plugs are pretty big but the cables themselves are solid, I've never had one fail, and being able to adjust the length is nice for people like me who swap stuff around way more then is healthy. I like the idea of soldered cables, but stuff moves around my board way too much, I like being able to mess with the signal chain without having to move pedals all over the place because I can make my cables whatever length I want.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I used George L's for years but after having issues with shorted cables I switched to Evidence SIS about a year ago. Couldn't be happier. Great tone and no shorted cables so far.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts