The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm making a pedal board, and I want some opinions for the order of the pedals. I've got an Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger, Ibanez AW7 Autowah, Boss DS1 Distortion, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer BO100 Blues Overdrive, and Behringer AM100 Acoustic Modeler. Oh and a DOD Ice Box Chorus, which I may or may not incorporate into the pedal board.

Also, should I use the effects loop in my amp, or run my guitar through the pedals into the amp?

Thx for the advise,
|X|

·
Premium Member
18,628 Posts
Conventional wisdom is to put time based effects like chorus, flange, delay and reverb in the effects loop and other effects between the guitar and amplifier input.

I agree with this. As for the other pedals it comes doen to taste. I prefer to have the crybaby first or at least before any overdrive or distortion pedals as I find they have a negative impact on the sound of the crybaby if placed before it in the chain.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so should I run two sides of the pedal board, one for pre-amp input, and one for the effects loop?

·
Premium Member
18,628 Posts
Xanadu said:
so should I run two sides of the pedal board, one for pre-amp input, and one for the effects loop?

I wouldn't look at it that way. Put the pedals in the positions that make most sense when you're using them in the context of the band.

There's no reason you can't physically position one pedal routed through the FX loop between two pedals routed to the input or vice versa. You just have to run the cabling appropriately.

Although I don't currently use a pedalboard I used to try and put the pedals that I used most often toward the centre of the board.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, thx for advise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts