The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where to place all these pedals within the effect chain, any thoughts?
My setup is from the guitar, Morley Wah, , Mxr Comp, Small Clone, Big Muff, Ts808 .

Thanks
FZ1

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
From trial and error and based on what I've read on the subject I would suggest Wah, Comp, Muff, TS808 then chorus. I love that Small Clone Chorus.

Good luck:rockon:

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
There are so many variables, you have to do the trial and error thing and find the sound that you like. Depending on which amp and guitar combination I use I change my pedals around. If I use my Carvin with FX loop the delay and chrous go through there. From the amp I go to Morley Wah, Boss GE-7 EQ then Super Overdrive, the into my guitar. The biggest changes in sound seem to come when I start moving the wah to differnt positions. My Morely wah into the FX loop is a bad idea, feedback is uncontrollable.

When I play through my EPI Valve Jr, there is no FX loop so the time delay pedals, I like at the end right next to my guitar. The Wah is still out on the other end near the amp. I am still experimenting with my EQ and Overdrive.

·
Registered
171 Posts
As long as you dont produce screeching feedback that shatters teeth there really is no wrong order, just what sounds good to you through trial and error.

I would personally probably run it: Big muff>TS808>Wah>Chorus>Comp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts