The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is what I intend to put on stage this weekend. Anyone see anything they would change in terms of sequence?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Looks good Mike, nice simple, but effective, layout. Out of interest are you using wireless or reg cable from your guitar ?

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PaulS said:
Looks good Mike, nice simple, but effective, layout. Out of interest are you using wireless or reg cable from your guitar ?

AKG Guitarbug wireless.

I've been gigging with it for more than a year and have no complaints.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That's good to hear... I have been thinking about it for a while now. getting tired of being tangled up in cords.. Through a distributor my business deals with I can get a Audio Technica system for wholesale price.

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PaulS said:
That's good to hear... I have been thinking about it for a while now. getting tired of being tangled up in cords.. Through a distributor my business deals with I can get a Audio Technica system for wholesale price.

Well all wireless units are not created equal.

I like this one. I really don't like belt pack transmitters at all. I find the Guitarbug very snazzy for silent instrument changes mid set.

The sound, reception and battery life are all great and it cost around $300. if I recall correctly.

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yerffej said:
looks good. make sure your wah is as far as possible from the power supply to avoid the most noise

The Wah gets its power from the Planet Waves tuner (Ac out). I used it like that at the gig last weekend and didn't have any noise at all. This time I'll be powering four pedals this way though so I'll check for noise.

We use a distro for our power so it's nice and clean.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I've got to try me one of them supercharged overdrives...

....I find my wah responds best with it being first in the signal chain. It likes the strongest siganal it can get. Next comes compression, then distortion, then the amp. I've got delay and chorus in a foot switchable loop as well, and my tuner is in a separate loop of its own. Since the wah isn't on THAT much, and its modded for true bypass, and the compressor is always on a smidge, the signal from guitar to amp is pretty straight, other than when kicking on the diamond drive for a rythym crunch or solo. I believe the ddrive is true bypass as well. All this makes my pedalboard more complex than I'd like sometimes, though, but its so much fun trying different od's and other pedals when the urge hits -

Cheers,

Peter

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
droptop88 said:
I've got to try me one of them supercharged overdrives...

....I find my wah responds best with it being first in the signal chain. It likes the strongest siganal it can get. Next comes compression, then distortion, then the amp. I've got delay and chorus in a foot switchable loop as well, and my tuner is in a separate loop of its own. Since the wah isn't on THAT much, and its modded for true bypass, and the compressor is always on a smidge, the signal from guitar to amp is pretty straight, other than when kicking on the diamond drive for a rythym crunch or solo. I believe the ddrive is true bypass as well. All this makes my pedalboard more complex than I'd like sometimes, though, but its so much fun trying different od's and other pedals when the urge hits -

Cheers,

Peter

This is pretty much what I ended up doing last night.

I ran wah, comp, od, amp and ran the tuner and chorus/delay in the loop.

Worked like a charm.

Unfortunately my wah is NOT true bypass and will be replaced at some point because of this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts