The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered the EBS flat ends stuff. I need to redo my board, what else should I be looking at?

·
Premium Member
2,273 Posts
For non solder, the new planet waves with the geo tip connectors are good. The connectors are much smaller (still bigger than the EBS) and the connection to the pedals is very solid. I used about 5 on my new board, and some of the soldered american stage 6 inch as well. If you take time to build them properly, and make sure that the connections are solid they work great. I generally prefer soldered cables, but these are quite good.

For soldered I have bunch of the 6 and 12 inch Fulltones that I have used for years and they are very solid. Never had a failure. The connectors are bulky but otherwise excellent.

·
Premium Member
17,385 Posts
I think mine are mogami with pancake jacks. Maybe @greco can remember, because I dont haha.

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the Planet Waves solderless, though 1 generation older, are failing on me and that's specifically what I'm looking to get away from. I don't *mind* doing my own - hell, I did a 'how to DIY' thread here a few years ago, and have a bunch on my board - but I'm lazy and busy and out of pancake ends, what a combination, and just looking for plug and play. Probably order the EBS, they look neat and space saving, the guys over at Talkbass have had a few but very few failures.

·
Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Those EBS cable look really cool. Reasonable prices too. Is there any reason they wouldn't work for guitar?

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no reason, same cables exactly.

bassstringsonline.com is where I will probably get mine, what other sources did you see?

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI, bassstringsonline are getting an order of the EBS flat patch cables today, and shipping out tomorrow. Jason is the proprieter, he called me and we had a nice talk. I ordered a couple other things plus 12 cables of various lengths, he ships USPS and charged me $15.50 US

·
Premium Member
17,874 Posts
I think mine are mogami with pancake jacks. Maybe @greco can remember, because I dont haha.
Yes..your memory is good. You bought the bulk cable and all the plugs from some fellow in Windsor (or Sarnia?) at a great price ...and I made the cables up for you in custom lengths.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Evidence Audio Sis for me expensive .. yes but great cables easy to put together and I've never had a hitch (so far)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use the Disaster Area solderless and I can't recommend them enough. Simple to put together and work every time.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Been using George L 155s for over a decade now -- I can minimize the pedal-to-pedal patch length and am happy with the result (including no gig failures.)

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's a couple pics of my board done up with the EBS in the pedal board sticky.

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are very compact, I gained small but significant space between pedals. Connection is solid, firm satisfying click going in and stiff to remove. The cable is VERY soft and flexible, more so than any cable I've ever used. It actually worries me a bit, as to how durable they will be.....but it makes for easy going around corners and crevices.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
I roll my own cables, but for pedalboard patches I don't bother. I find the solderless DIY kits too unreliable (and not cheap; I don't understand the appeal at all); and pancakes make me angry if I have to work on them (so I just make sure all the pedals I build/buy have the I/O at the top so that's not a space issue). For such short cables, high end wire is also moot (seriously, save your money). I use these whatever the best deal I can find is on basic cheapo moldies; BLMS is usually up there ( get some buds together, order a few of those 6 packs and some 9V power supplies/daisy chains, and the shipping is worth it), otherwise amazon.

Bitches Love My Switches

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
I have custom 2524 mogami cables with pancakes, made by a local guy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts