The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the process of building a pedal board it’s gonna be boss driven I presently have a digital delay and a super overdrive. I am looking at tremolo and chorus but only have enough for one. I like playing an array of stuff from Chicago ,Alana Myles , lifehouse and some country . What pedal do you think will be more beneficial for my choose of music . My rig of choose is my 79 Mesa boogie mk2a 1x15 and my soon to be complete telecaster custom and epiphone lesPaul standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,577 Posts
Comes down to personal preference, I think. Me, tremelo - I have owned multiple choruses, it's a cool sound but I just don't use it.

Just picked up the TC Thunderball flanger (flanger being closely related to chorus), myself, I like more extreme effects and like the big moving swooshes.

·
Registered
11,831 Posts
I'd probably get more milage out of a chorus myself, but ya, personal preference.

The MXR Analog Chorus is a good one, plenty tweakable.
Mooer puts out some affordable options.

·
Registered
24,377 Posts
Opinions vary, but I find a compressor can make many other pedals sound a little better. Plus, they are handy for playing rhythm behind someone without accidentally overshadowing them with a too-hard strum. Finally, is there anything in the world that can sound as nice for clean picking as a compressed Tele bridge pickup?

RE: Chorus/flanging There is a zone just at the boundary between chorus and flanging delay ranges, where one can achieve pleasing slow-Leslie type sounds. It's often the luck of the draw as to whether a given chorus can sweep to a short-enough delay, or a flanger to a long-enough one. Easy to mod and nail it, if one desires that sort of thing.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol I can get both . But one won’t be boss but can’t pass it up the price.
so what to get next some one mentioned reverb.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I would stay away from the Akai stuff and probably chorus as well. Rumor has it that when the Lord cast Lucifer out of heaven he took his chorus pedal with him and unleashed it's awfulness on man.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would stay away from the Akai stuff and probably chorus as well. Rumor has it that when the Lord cast Lucifer out of heaven he took his chorus pedal with him and unleashed it's awfulness on man.
Haha

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
If you want Tremolo AND Chorus but only have enough money for one, I'd suggest the Line 6 M5. The Line 6 effects are quite good, and then you can get a better idea of what kind of Tremolo you like, or what kind of Chorus. Or you can get into experimenting with various types of delays and finding out the differences.

Oh, and it has a tuner!

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
I keep extolling the virtues of the lowly Zoom MS70 CDR and will continue to do so. It's got everything you're looking for, including a tuner, built into one pedal and it sounds bloody terrific.

It's worth looking into this one too.

If you want affordable (and Canadian I believe) check out Outlaw effects.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts