The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can someone fill me in on what this is/how to use it/ etc.
I dont have this on any of my other amps, and im not really finding much online about it, so im kinda confused....

Edit;
Apparently I forgot how to post pictures to this forum... I posted the link to them and im seeing nothing.

Anyways, the picture was of the Preamp Out jack on the amp.

·
Premium Member
3,259 Posts
It's a line out. You can use it to send to a mixer/monitor/headphone amp/recorder/additional amp (the preamp on those Peavey can be magic with some instruments - I've used it to feed a tube amp for the best of both worlds). If there was a power amp in you could use it as the send of an fx loop, but there isn't. Frankly I have no idea why they bothered putting it there other then it was easy on a basic ss amp like this.

·
Premium Member
3,259 Posts
An old band of mine used to play with another band that was unashamedly lo budget. The guitar rig was some cheap Charvel (they had cheap ones - single bridge humbucker pointy strat type thing) into 2-3 Metal Zones into like 4-6 Peavey Rages cascaded into each other using the preamp outs. It was neat, but personally I wouldn't want to be stuck with that and only that all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts