The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody familiar with Peavey Backstage Chorus 208? Picked one up for 40.00 today seems like cool amp havent tried it yet but was told it all works.Opinions?

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
I'll give you $50. Lol. Probably as good or better than its Roland JC equivalent. I think you got a good deal.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
I own one and its built like a tank and great SS amp. Lots of power and put a few pedals in front and you can hang with a drummer all night. Congrats and that price, you stole it seriously. I paid around 150.00 used for mine a few years ago.

·
Registered
24,395 Posts
Could probably benefit from larger speakers, but I haven't heard one, so I may be underestimating it. As Marcos indicates/confirms, plenty of power available.

It is a sort of "baby JC120", feeding the delay to one channel and clean to the other. I have Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus that uses the same strategy: simple chorus and two power-amp chip channels with delay on one. The effect loop in mine allows for stereo return, where yours doesn't. But yours has built-in reverb, which mine doesn't. Looking at the chips used, and the supply voltage, I suspect yours has a little more power on tap as well.

All in all, a good score.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Anything Peavey is worth a look. Built like a tank. I've been using my Peavey SP2's with the Black Widow speakers in them for 30 years or more. Yes their heavey but I put wheels on them. Still work like they did the day I got them and they were used.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Anything Peavey is worth a look. Built like a tank. I've been using my Peavey SP2's with the Black Widow speakers in them for 30 years or more. Yes their heavey but I put wheels on them. Still work like they did the day I got them and they were used.
Great speakers. Owned a set and had to give them up cause of weight but agree, they are fantastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts