The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
uBlock Origin should take care of that. AdBlock Plus works with uBlock.
I've had good luck with AdBlock Plus so far but if YouTube gets serious about this new revenue model I can see them taking measures similar to some sites that recognize a blocker and put up a barrier of their own asking you to turn off the blocker.

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
If they want to get my attention, they need to allow music to run while the screen is off - without 3rd party software.

I have a month of free amazon prime music, and I'm not overwhelmed by it. No old rare music to be found (that I like).

Youtube is great for finding rare content (ex. Randy Machoman's rap album). If they could incorporate people uploading their albums with this service, they'll be successful as hell - primarily with Apple users who can't download illegally.

G

·
I've had good luck with AdBlock Plus so far but if YouTube gets serious about this new revenue model I can see them taking measures similar to some sites that recognize a blocker and put up a barrier of their own asking you to turn off the blocker.
uBlock Origin is better is some ways.

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
I use Spotify for music streaming. I only watch covers and stuff on YouTube. If they start spamming too many mid-video ads, I'll just stop using it.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I would not pay to suffer ads every time I want to see/hear something...

I do not pay for any streaming service...
I am still used to buy "CDs". ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts
If they want to get my attention, they need to allow music to run while the screen is off - without 3rd party software.

I have a month of free amazon prime music, and I'm not overwhelmed by it. No old rare music to be found (that I like).

Youtube is great for finding rare content (ex. Randy Machoman's rap album). If they could incorporate people uploading their albums with this service, they'll be successful as hell - primarily with Apple users who can't download illegally.
Apparently you can once you pay for a subscription.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
They will make users move to Daily Motion. Then DM will do the same so users will move to a new site until it does the same. You would think they had learned by now, but greed only grows a competitors business..........

·
Registered
15,769 Posts
They will make users move to Daily Motion. Then DM will do the same so users will move to a new site until it does the same. You would think they had learned by now, but greed only grows a competitors business..........
Daily Motion already has ads mid video...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts