The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I was at my yearly Dr's appt. today so I did my usual go across the street to Canadian Loans here in Edmonton. Saw a wicked cool 12 string hanging without a "tagger" on it. Asked to have a look and how much. Asking $5000. Anyone know about this work of art? I couldn't make out the brand looking briefly in the sound hole. For some reason, I thought I saw mention of one like this here..... some Larrivee comes to mind....but I'm unsure. In any case, it's quite the conversation piece. Second question, is it worth the asking price?

Oh yeah, kudos to the cute little Filipino girl that was gracious enough to hold it up for me so I could take the pic! She was struggling near the end there...haha.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
it's a Blueberry. they make an Eagle and a Kingfisher but they are only 2950 new

Reactions: Dorian2

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Larrivee’s usually, maybe exclusively, have ebony fret boards. I like fancy inlays but that one seems way over done to me.
I was thinking of mentioning you in the OP....I'm pretty sure that you posted a thread with something rather similar.
how much and which pawn shop is it at? :D

Edit: saw the price - I'll pass. it's all yours Pete.
Screw that noise. Unfortunately, I didn't even try it out. Guess I should have. It's in Cash Canada on 66 Street and 127 Ave though. Hope noone minds me posting that on here.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's a Blueberry. they make an Eagle and a Kingfisher but they are only 2950 new
Just went to their site. Yeah, looks like one of their Special Order models or something, but they seem to top out at $3000 (rounding up) new. Wonder where the Pawn shop dorks got their pricing....off the top of their heads?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
voting for blueberry made out of Bali me thinks and if memory serves me well they had moisture problems later I wouldnt pay that much for it not even slightly close to me they are just wall hangers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts