·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sept 17, Videotron Centre, Quebec City
Sept 20, Bell Centre, Montreal
Sept 28, Bell MTS Place, Winnipeg
Sept 20, Rogers Place, Edmonton

Presale July 10 through his website, you have to register there before Sunday the 8th @ 10pm (EST) to be part of it.

·
Premium Member
13,399 Posts
If someone bought me a ticket, yes, I'd go. To be honest, It would not be worth one and a half months disposable income for me. Besides, I have already seen him twice,... in the 60s,... with three other guys. And there's another reason. If he plays "Silly Love Songs" I would turn into a green rage monster.

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Honestly? I wouldn't cross the street to see him now. I do wish I'd had the opportunity to see The Beatles though, he was great in that band.

Silly Love Songs is my idea of aural torture. What the hell was he on anyway?

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
Honestly? I wouldn't cross the street to see him now. I do wish I'd had the opportunity to see The Beatles though, he was great in that band.

I'm with you on this one. The Beatles where and will always be my all time group but Sir Paul by himself, not so much. Its a personal thing i guess.

·
Premium Member
13,399 Posts
I have always wondered, what if I had a choice of listening to Silly Love Songs or Nails on a Chalkboard, what would I choose. I guess I would still be thinking about it. He may have the most successful and productive solo career of all the Beatles, but that is just a horrible piece of teeth rotting tripe. It is the very definition of bubblegum pop music. It tarnishes the success of songs like Let it Be, Hey Jude, Blackbird...........

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Well I grew up on the Beatles in the Car with my dad (I'm 37). I saw him a few years ago and it was amazing. Paul's voice and songs stand the test of time. Would it be great to see him with John and George and Ringo...sure. Maybe. To be honest George's touch on guitar never did anything for me and neither did Ringo's drums. The magic of the Beatles, IMO, was the songs it inspired and many many of those songs live on in Paul.

I'm in SW ON so he's not close...but when he is I'll go see him again.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Ringo's drumming and his groove are vastly under-rated
Ringo was an amazing drummer...for his time. He doesn't hold a candle, technically, groove, pocket, energy or any other wise except nostalgically to Abe Laboriel Jr and I don't think saying so takes away from Ringo's legacy 'cause his legacy transcends his technique.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts