The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put a stop to my Danocaster build and decided to order some parts for a capsule custom. Not sure if they throw their logo on it, but I hope so - they sell very quickly, if you decide to move them.

So far I've got:

COST ADDED AT REQUEST IN CAD
  1. Fender 70s Classic Series neck. This will be relic'd by Deenan Custom Shop. An acquaintance went full time, since the last time we spoke and his work is actually really good. I will post a pic of his stuff shortly. $306
  2. Vintage 79'/1980 fender 4-hole neck plate. It has the hole for the micro adjustment thing which I would like to function. $61 (saved on labour so paid extra)
  3. Age fender Tuners, pickguard, trem, bridge, back plate and jack $326 (all fender parts)
  4. MJT Relic'd strat body. I've been on the fence about colour, but this one was calling me. $370
  5. Pre-wired vintage upgrade kit wiring form RS Guitar works. $120
  6. Virgil Arlo Vintage Pickups $625 (ouch) - if I sell the guitar, these are getting pulled out unless someone wants to pay for them.
I don't know if I'm missing anything, but that all I can think of.

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 5.38.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 5.28.13 PM.png

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh, and feel free to have an all-out war over relicking guitars.

My thoughts: Bottom line is that the necks feel way better and the rest of the stuff looks stupid when it's new.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
It really should be written “relicking” and “relicked” if you follow the forms of other such word (eg. mimic—>mimicking/mimicked, panic—>panicking, picnic—>picnicking)

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Nice build so far. I just finished a similar build. Then actually just bought another MJT finished body.
Initially started a 57 Strat build from a custom shop catalog pic that I couldn’t stop looking at. Picked up a full fender pure vintage hardware kit, Allparts fat maple neck, loaded custom shop 69 pickguard, a fender anodized pickguard. Drilled all screw holes and fit everything together. Went together perfect. The neck fit is so tight, turned out expensive but to me it’s well worth it.

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Waiting patiently to see pics of the assembled guitar.

Hoping it all goes well.

Just to clarify...Capsule Music is doing the build?
Yes, they will, but whether they put their sticker on the headstock is another story. I'll have to go visit them soon and talk it over.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
lol (licking)

I prefer laristotle's spelling convention.
Apparently, there is some literary precedence for “relicking” in the sense of “relic hunting”. It was not a term commonly used as a verb until the guitar phenomenon.

Also, there isn’t really a precedent in English for using an apostrophe to create a gerund or a past participle. That said, this isn’t a grammar forum, so I’m sure no one is overly bothered by how it’s written.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
"Relicked" definitely suggests being licked again. Which is maybe a good thing, but not especially guitar-related. Unless maybe you lick your guitars? LOL

1 - 20 of 55 Posts