The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Parker last night to do some practicing and I noticed some hisses and crackles while playing. I checked all my connections, settings etc. Everything was secure. So I swapped guitars and played my SG. It played like butter. No extraneous noises what so ever. It has to be my Parker. What do you think it might be? I haven’t a clue. I am a little concerned.

·
Premium Member
17,321 Posts
Could it be a corroded/dirty output jack or the plug making intermittent contact in the jack due to a bit of looseness or poor alignment?

Another possibility is that a switch is making an intermittent connection.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could it be a corroded/dirty output jack or the plug making intermittent contact in the jack due to a bit of looseness or poor alignment?

Another possibility is that a switch is making an intermittent connection.
I will check all of the above! Thx Dave !

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
maybe not, I only see their own brand advertized :)

Deoxit is about 3 times as much but it is the best. You can order it online through Amazon, Best Buy, or L&M, to name a few.
Thx for the FYI’s

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don’t know what to say. I am really pissed though. I checked all the connections. My amp is less then 9 months old. Brand new patch chord. Guitar is 2004. There is no dirt, dust or corrosion that is visible to the naked eye!

Idk what to say. I am taking it into the tech at L&M bright and early Monday morning. I wish I were more knowledgeable in regards to situations like this. I am helpless cuz I can’t do anymore then I have.

I will update you on the situation.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts