• Black

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the parchment, but I tucked the black under there and....well...it looks pretty good, too. Obviously, I'd have to get the HB version in black, but I am torn.

IMG_7368.JPG
IMG_7367.JPG

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Parchment all the way. It "pops" more than the black one. BTW, that is the exact Tele style I'm after: HB in the neck with vintage bridge and tuners. What model is that? Thanks.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
When it's an option of black or other colour plastic on a guitar--I will pick black pretty much all of the time
(Disclosure--my Mustang has black pickguard, pickup covers, and volume & tone knobs. I have also been converting my Les Paul copy over to black hardware--I have a black bridge & tailpiece to put on with the next string change.)
If it's wood grain or chrome I might pick those over black--but for plastic--yes black)

Reactions: TVvoodoo and jdto

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
When it comes to a 3 colour burst I usually favour tortoise shell but I'm not completely sure about the maple board with that combo. I suspect even with the maple I would still go tortoise shell but out of the two choices here, I think parchment.

Reactions: vadsy and jdto

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I voted parchment, but I think I'd prefer torti or pearl over either available option

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Both look good but the black keys in with the black edges of the burst. Although the parchment keys with the maple neck.

Tough decision. Try alternating them from one month to the next until you get sick of changing them and then that'll be that ...lol

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The parchment seems to do it more for me on this guitar.
It was my first instinct and what I ordered.

Parchment all the way. It "pops" more than the black one. BTW, that is the exact Tele style I'm after: HB in the neck with vintage bridge and tuners. What model is that? Thanks.
It's a partscaster that I've sort of "grown" over the past year or so. It started with a Fende FSR Butterscotch Tele. I replaced the pickups and neck with this Warmoth, but the neck and body didn't get along, so I put the Fender back together and went full Warmoth. The current incarnation has a contoured alder body and short scale 59 profile neck with 6105 frets. I've had the neck on three different Tele bodies, but this contoured one is the keeper. The pickups are Vineham Classic B bridge with Vivid HB neck with 500k pots and a resistor on the neck so it "sees" ~250k. It's a Rutters bridge and the control plate and knobs are from EBay. It's taken me a while to get to where I like the sound in all three positions, but I am pretty much there. The tone knob helps as things can sometimes get bright.

When it comes to a 3 colour burst I usually favour tortoise shell but I'm not completely sure about the maple board with that combo. I suspect even with the maple I would still go tortoise shell but out of the two choices here, I think parchment.
I think the tort looks decent with burst and rosewood.

Off topic but how about Pearl ?
I voted parchment, but I think I'd prefer torti or pearl over either available option
I've never been a big fan of pearl.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both look good but the black keys in with the black edges of the burst. Although the parchment keys with the maple neck.

Tough decision. Try alternating them from one month to the next until you get sick of changing them and then that'll be that ...lol
I'd do that, but the black has a single-coil neck slot, so I'd have to cut it. In the interest of laziness, I think the parchment will likely win out.

·
Mad Strappier
471 Posts
black for me, picks up on your dots, the burst and bridge pup. It really ties your guitar together...
but like the dude says, that's just like, my opinion, man.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
A mid subtle tortoise shell would also be nice

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
To me the black and parchment guards are equally OK.
IMO a tortoiseshell pick guard is the way to go on this guitar.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts