The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one? played one? Interested in hearing what you thought of them. Out of Thorold, Ontario. Very little info or reviews out there on the interwebs.

·
Registered
18,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
I checked the site out. He seems more like a finishing guy....guessing that a lot of guitars on Reverb are made off shore and finished here based on the pricing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Thats the guy that owns thorold music. Not sure if he does partcaster type builds or takes off the shelf guitars and does his own thing to them.
Go down to thorold music and play one. Or call him and se whats the deal with them. Im thinking hes more like some of the other partscaster builders but not sure.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I know Johnny Depp and one of the guitarists for Alice Cooper uses Palermo guitars.

I met the owner, Mike. Pretty cool guy. I suggest calling him up and talk to him. He was a guest on the EVH and Gear TV podcast a while back.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
That was the impression I was getting from it as well. I'll happily be wrong though. They could be quality built by another builder.
I might be wrong about them being $100 guitars (Maybe they are $150) but that is likely what he's doing. He's already semi- famous for bringing in a bunch of fake Tokai Love Rocks in the early 2000's and selling them as "Japanese Models". They weren't even real Tokais. There are a bunch of posts about him being a scammer and posting under all kinds of fake names on forums - you can just google them by searching "Mike's Music Tokai Love Rock"

Most people don't know this but anyone can order any kind of guitar with any spec and anything written on the headstock you want if you order enough of them. If you check his Reverb site he has a load of the same semi-hollow guitar in different colours.

Buyer beware I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
I might be wrong about them being $100 guitars (Maybe they are $150) but that is likely what he's doing. He's already semi- famous for bringing in a bunch of fake Tokai Love Rocks in the early 2000's and selling them as "Japanese Models". They weren't even real Tokais. There are a bunch of posts about him being a scammer and posting under all kinds of fake names on forums - you can just google them by searching "Mike's Music Tokai Love Rock"

Most people don't know this but anyone can order any kind of guitar with any spec and anything written on the headstock you want if you order enough of them. If you check his Reverb site he has a load of the same semi-hollow guitar in different colours.

Buyer beware I guess.
Yep. The smarter Chinese makers will ship the logo plates separately for things like Gibsons and Ricks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
A buddy of mine sent Mike Palermo a message asking where these guitars are made. He won't reply. My guess, without knowing for sure, is that they are made in China or something and he's marking them up a billion percent. Run. haha

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I play in a band with him- he is a good guy- why don't you call his music store and ask for him- he would be glad to talk with you. 905-227-7941

He is pretty much always at the store.

Phil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, its Mike from Mikes Music and Palermo Guitars... ask away. Hey Purple Plexi, who's your buddy? Lets get him on here and we'll do a Q and A. If his name is Chris Pritty by chance, I, along with many others in the community refuse to play his games... so in that case yes, I refuse to take part.

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
Hi, its Mike from Mikes Music and Palermo Guitars... ask away. Hey Purple Plexi, who's your buddy? Lets get him on here and we'll do a Q and A. If his name is Chris Pritty by chance, I, along with many others in the community refuse to play his games... so in that case yes, I refuse to take part.
Always nice to see someone show up to discuss their products.

@purpleplexi

1 - 20 of 34 Posts