The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Apparently; the halftime performers do not get paid (directly) for performing At superbowl halftime.

Lady Gaga Receives $0 for Her Super Bowl LI Halftime Show

But....... Maybe she was paid.
SAG Says Lady Gaga Was Definitely Paid for the Super Bowl...

NFL says they do not pay.
Screen Actors Guild Might have paid basic union rates to all on screen performers.

However Lady GaGa's sales should increase as have all performers in the past.

So the question remains...
Would you play for free?
Or would you play for an audience of 115 million, for basic union rates.

·
Premium Member
19,069 Posts
Statistically, what are your potential sales from an audience of 115M?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to Forbes Artists generally see a spike in sales and concert attendance
Almost to the tune of 95% (Bruno Mars)
Why Lady Gaga Won't Be Paid For Her Super Bowl Halftime Show
I guess it's worth it to play THAT free gig.

But that's for the solo artist's what about their Backup bands and so on? I would imagine that's either paid out of pocket or covered in the expense account given to the NFL to pay.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
But that's for the solo artist's what about their Backup bands and so on? I would imagine that's either paid out of pocket or covered in the expense account given to the NFL to pay.
Back up band? Was there one? I couldn't tell. I just assumed she was singing to canned music.

I hope all those dancers got paid though.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If anyone read those links:
NFL covers production expenses.

sets, tech gear, I'm assuming dancers and back up musicians fall into production expenses.

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Statistically, what are your potential sales from an audience of 115M?
Its not about sales (someone is always buying her music) as much as INCREMENTAL sales as the result of playing the show. Hard to estimate, IMO.
shes already a household name so I don't see how the exposure will help her, and I just don't see these guys

watching the game and seeing it and thinking "her ass isn't bad and the song is catchy "....I'm on the right track baby I was born this way..." I'm gonna go buy that cd!

Some things are just about the honour of being asked to do it.
I don't know how much money she makes by doing songs with Tony Bennett compared to her usual pop stuff either.
Maybe id be surprised, I don't know.

But part of me also thinks its just the sleazy NFL...Ever seen how much cheerleaders get paid? theyd make more money working at Mcdonalds. That league throws its weight around more than Trump.

·
Registered
15,991 Posts
Or would you play for an audience of 115 million, for basic union rates.
That's more than I make on music right now--I guess that depends on what is involved.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts