The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
The kids seemed normal, almost embarrassed for the parents who came across as snowflakes.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
If it weren't for the audio clues, I don't think I would have been able to figure out who were the parents and who were the kids.
Does that mean it was a shite ad, or am I just that old? :D

·
Premium Member
10,043 Posts
Watching your parents trying desperately to be cool is so so sad. Sadder than watching them be their own age.
Reminds me of the cringeworthy Eugene Levy scenes in American Pie.

·
Registered
24,684 Posts
I'm in a band - that's automatically cool isn't it?
Could be. On the other hand, if it was a Duran Duran tribute band..... :D

Ricky Gervais had a three-season series on Netflix and British TV called "Derek", where he plays a slightly mentally-handicapped fellow who essentially lives at (but not in) an assisted-living facility for seniors. A very gentle and touching series, compared to what we're accustomed to from him, and occasionally tear-jerking. In any event, his chronically-unemployed beer-swilling friend convinces several people to do a fully-costumed cardboard-guitar-equipped Duran Duran lip-sync for some sort of cabaret at the seniors home. Gut-busting funny.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Could be. On the other hand, if it was a Duran Duran tribute band..... :D

Ricky Gervais had a three-season series on Netflix and British TV called "Derek", where he plays a slightly mentally-handicapped fellow who essentially lives at (but not in) an assisted-living facility for seniors. A very gentle and touching series, compared to what we're accustomed to from him, and occasionally tear-jerking. In any event, his chronically-unemployed beer-swilling friend convinces several people to do a fully-costumed cardboard-guitar-equipped Duran Duran lip-sync for some sort of cabaret at the seniors home. Gut-busting funny.
I didn't much care for Gervais until I watched both Derek and Extras. They were genius.

·
Registered
24,684 Posts
That they were. He can be a bit much sometimes, but underneath is a good heart.
A bit of a digression but I still can't watch Liam Neeson's attempt at"comedy" in Life's Too Short without cracking up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts