The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
Reverend Flatroc (1st gen import), Gibson Melody Maker (2003 variation), Tele Builds
5,579 Posts
RObert, the Godin LGSP90 is a FANTASTIC guitar. I owned one for about a year. The only reason I had to get rid of mine was it was a little heavy for me and I have a bad shoulder. But if you want the best parts of a Gibson and a Fender mixed, that is the guitar to get. And I personally think the Seymore Duncan P-90's sounds great. The best thing about those guitars is the neck though. The weird bolt-on and bridge design make the neck on those guitars heaven to play.

I LOVE P-90's and have tried a whole lot of P-90 guitars and the Godin was among my favourites.

·
Premium Member
Reverend Flatroc (1st gen import), Gibson Melody Maker (2003 variation), Tele Builds
5,579 Posts
It's hard to explain, but P-90's really seem to emphasize the characteristics of a guitar too. My Reverend is a chambered mahogany body with a Spruce top, and the P-90's just sound incredible in it. It sounds so warm and 'airy'. But on the other side of that, while I thought the PRS SE Soapbars were a very nice guitar, they just didn't do it for me at all tone wise.

Probably the best sounding P-90 tone I have heard overall is my single P-90 Melody Maker though. Gibson P-90's in a mahogany slab like that just sound fantastic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.