The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
My first morning walk of the decade. As usual it is the Squamish River. It was too wet and windy until today.

View attachment 287534
Wow that’s a really pretty picture . Who knew that thread I started a couple years ago would have exploded in to this . What is it 3 or 4 years now we have been doing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that’s a really pretty picture . Who knew that thread I started a couple years ago would have exploded in to this . What is it 3 or 4 years now we have been doing this

I wondered who had started this. Thank you. I don’t know which is more important in my life, making music, or spending time appreciating nature. I’m pretty sure they are intertwined and I wouldn’t be the same person if one of them was missing.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I wondered who had started this. Thank you. I don’t know which is more important in my life, making music, or spending time appreciating nature. I’m pretty sure they are intertwined and I wouldn’t be the same person if one of them was missing.
Sometimes it nice just to sit and look at the simple things in life . The beauty of nature

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got your Steelhead stamp? Nice little backwater just to your right when the tide is out.
I haven’t seen steelhead there in many years. Very few coho or dogs this year as well. It may be climate change, no one is studying this particular river, but the river is slowly dying.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
I haven’t seen steelhead there in many years. Very few coho or dogs this year as well. It may be climate change, no one is studying this particular river, but the river is slowly dying.
That sucks. Used to be good fishing all thru that area.....costly but good what with the various tags you needed.

·
Premium Member
8,533 Posts
My first morning walk of the decade. As usual it is the Squamish River. It was too wet and windy until today.

View attachment 287534
My dad lived on the Island about 25 years, from around 1982ish, mostly around but not right in Victoria, on both sides at one time or another, so I got to know it pretty well at least the south end. They moved off because of expensive + remote eventually, but I could live there forever. Can't just yet tho.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
My dad lived on the Island about 25 years, from around 1982ish, mostly around but not right in Victoria, on both sides at one time or another, so I got to know it pretty well at least the south end. They moved off because of expensive + remote eventually, but I could live there forever. Can't just yet tho.
Victoria is a lovely city as is the surrounding area. An issue I would have if I lived there is getting away for weekends etc. You either travel to the mainland via ferry, or head up island. Too limiting for me.
I think you need to love the island vibe and the big water. Two things I’m not keen on.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
By then I'd moved back to the Okanagan but my mom lived and worked there......radio, tv and print. I prefer up island myself. Biggest problem I found was if you missed the last ferry and didn't know anyone with a boat you were stuck and if it was a choice between your car and a gov't vehicle you know who got on the ferry. If I moved back to the Island it would be in the Port Renfrew/Clo-oose area or the Coal Harbour/Winter Harbour area.
@LanceT......I have friends who moved to the Island in the late 60s and aside from the occasional trip have never left. I could spend the rest of my time there no problem.....Island Time (BC version) is good.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By then I'd moved back to the Okanagan but my mom lived and worked there......radio, tv and print. I prefer up island myself. Biggest problem I found was if you missed the last ferry and didn't know anyone with a boat you were stuck and if it was a choice between your car and a gov't vehicle you know who got on the ferry. If I moved back to the Island it would be in the Port Renfrew/Clo-oose area or the Coal Harbour/Winter Harbour area.
@LanceT......I have friends who moved to the Island in the late 60s and aside from the occasional trip have never left. I could spend the rest of my time there no problem.....Island Time (BC version) is good.
I spent a winter tree planting on Union Island out of Zebellos. I’ve always wanted to go back there. Also spent some time in logging camps in the Broughton Archipelago out of Port Hardy. The north and west island is stunningly beautiful.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
I spent a winter tree planting on Union Island out of Zebellos. I’ve always wanted to go back there. Also spent some time in logging camps in the Broughton Archipelago out of Port Hardy. The north and west island is stunningly beautiful.
In the early 70s going to a lot of the camps on the island and the coast, including the Charlottes were part of my job . Went in by truck boat and plane. Good times if you stayed away from the poker games. Fair Harbour and Kyuquot were on the list. So was Woodfibre. Didn't work for the Ministry until after we moved back to the Okanagan. The worked for PRT.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
If I come across any worthy picture worthy, I'll definitely post, but I tend to gravitate toward macro photography. London is pretty boring and bland as far as photo ops.

If our back garden counts, I'll add some one day. But for now, it's partially snow covered or mud. Not really all that photogenic right now.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts